Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carajo82
    • Aug 2004

Nero Burning Problem

I am trying to burn my DVD shrink dvd files (movie Video_TS and Audio_TS files) with Nero 6. I go through all the setting ok, and when I press the burn button at the final settings window, Nero starts the burning process, but stops and gives me "Burn process failed at 4x (5,540kb/s)" error. I have also tried burning at 2x speed as well. I'm using a TDK DVD+/- RW/R Drive.

If anyone has faced this problem before and knows what's up. I 'll really appretiate the help.

Thanks.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

A few things to try:

Update your Nero if you are using an early version of Nero 6.

Use higher quality media such as Ritek if you are not doing so already. Take a look at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters for media compatabilty

Consider doing a firmware upgrade if your firmware is old.

I would invest in some RW's until you resolve your problem.
    If you could post your Nero log it would also help.

Comment

• Carajo82
      • Aug 2004

Thanks for the info Mig$y.

For those of you that might be running into the same problem, here is what i did to resolve it.

I updated the Firmwear on my DVD burner.

(If you are using Nero, you can find what version of firmwear you have by going into 'Programs --> Ahead Nero --> Nero Toolkit --> Nero Info Tool')

You can download the latest version of your firmwear at the dvd drive/burner's manufacture website.

Also, I removed my Roxio burning softwear (Easy CD/DVD Creator) that came with my TDK 440 Dvd drive/burner. Roxio's softwear for some reason tends to conflicts with Nero when it comes to burning a DVD disc.

Just wanted to share this helpful hint.

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Yep, Roxio and Nero don't work too well together.
        Glad you managed to resolve your problem.

Comment

• guilhas
          • Mar 2004

am wrong or ROXIO cracks all?

Comment

• MINIMOKE
            • Sep 2004

Hi All,

I have the same symptoms (see my post of yesterday), even after upgrading the firmware in my drive and upgrading Nero to 6.2.1.20.

The recent attempt to fix things was to un-install all Nero programs and any other DVD software (DeCrypter and Shrink) from my PC, cleaning up the registry and re-installing 6.2.1.20

I still have the same problem as Carajo82 but unlike him I was not able to solve it by a firmware upgrade. For those familiar with the LG-GSA-4081B, it's running 104A firmware.

I would be interested in knowing if there was anyone else out there who is still experiencing problems.

I'm begining to think my drive is stuffed allthough I was able to burn a CD using it last night. Is there a different laser used for DVD burning? Has anyone else had problems with the LG GSA-4081B?

Dave

Comment

• MINIMOKE
              • Sep 2004

I have just had my GSA-4081B replaced (under warranty) with a GSA-4120B and I'm now able to burn DVDs again.

Comment

Working...