Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • com284
    • Aug 2004

Dvd+rw/dvd+r

Ok i have managed to burn a DVD+RW and have watched it without problem. I bought them because i was sick and tired of burning a DVD+R unsucessfully. So after burning the DVD+RW i thought that i was doing something wrong so i tried another DVD+R and it wouldn't play again. I was doing some research into it and thought that the big difference would be between the DVD-R and the DVD+R. I assumed that if i could play a DVD+RW i could play the DVD+R. Am i wrong? Isn't the only difference between the two is that the DVD+RW you can write as many times as you like.
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Isn't the only difference between the two is that the DVD+RW you can write as many times as you like.
    No. They are totally different. Some players won't read both R and RW. If you look under the discs they are different dyes.

Have a look here for your player and check the compatibility.

Comment

• EABlade316
      • Apr 2004

The reason is the first + dvd players that came out, they made some that can only read/write +rw and some that can only do +R I know this for a fact since I have one of that type mine can only burn +rw it can read any reg store dvd too.

Comment

Working...