Can I copy a reauthored backup without copying first to harddrive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corn Dog
    • Jul 2004

Can I copy a reauthored backup without copying first to harddrive?

Hi,

I apologize in advance for this noobie question.

I have made a backup of my favorite movie. I reauthored the movie and the backup just contains the original movie without menus, extras, or trailers. I want to make another copy to take and leave at the lakehouse. I have a DVD player drive and a separate burner.

My question is: Can I copy the reauthored backup straight to another disc without having to copy the files to the harddrive first?

Thanks,

Corndog
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Can I copy the reauthored backup straight to another disc without having to copy the files to the harddrive first?"

Sure. Use the "Disc Copy" feature in "Nero" or similar burning program.

Comment

• Corn Dog
      • Jul 2004

Ormonde,

Thanks, I just didn't know if after backing up if a copy could be directly made. I know that it cannot be done with the original retail movie.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Thanks"

Glad to be of help

Comment

• lara
          • Aug 2004

DVD copy

I would like to know just one question:

I downloaded some films from mirc, and I also converted them so i can watch them on a dvd player using TMPGenc however these are taking up a lot of my memory.

Can I copy them once on a dvd and then re-copy from this dvd or I have to keep the movie on my hard drive?

I already tried to do this however the computer would not re-copy the dvd without loads of errors which in simple words the movie would be a mess.

Please if you have any ideas or steps which I can use please do not hesitate.

This is very urgent since I have almost no memory left

Thanks and sorry for the length

Lara

Comment

• Floppy

Nero 6.

Nerovision Express 2

Add files, from your hard drive, insert blank DVD wait for the process to end and you have yourself a film in the hard drive you can remove thus releasing the space.

repeat process untill you are happy with loads of space to make the DVD copy storing temporary files just B4 burn onto DVD.

Is something like this what you had in mind?
            Last edited by Guest; 27 Aug 2004, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Floppy

If you keep copying the same file over and over you will end-up invariable with some loss of some sort. The best is to keep the original and burn it onto DVD. then just erase the original and the converted file.

Why on earth would you wand to redo the whole process?

Just load the DVD and play it.

Why complicate the simple?
              Last edited by Guest; 27 Aug 2004, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Working...