Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack In The Mox
    • Aug 2004

Copying a Burned DVD, Questions.

Well, I've taken a decent look through these boards (which I found through DVD shrinks help me file) and still haven't found out how to burn burnt dvds.

I really hope that I havent simply overlooked something because that would be a really lame first post lol. I have been trhough the newbie guides here and I can operate dvd shrink easily, my dvd burner is a new LG model and I have Nero (full version OEM)

I have a bunch of 4x DVD-R (they dont have a brand name (but they have already burnt The family man and Interview with a vampre) so I know that they work decently enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know that many of you have better things to do then answer my questions.

Thanks in advance
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

use the DVD copy function in Nero or ISO read/write with Decrypter...

Comment

• Bill Reeves
      • Jan 2004

If you're speaking of DVD-Rs which have been finalized, then InterVideo DVD Copy works very well. At least it does for me.

Comment

• Jack In The Mox
        • Aug 2004

yeah, I need to copy finalized dvd-r's, do you know of another program perhaps as I am currently low on funds and am hopefully finding a freeware program that can do it.

Thanks again

Comment

• de Witte
          DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
          • Jul 2004

I've read that you own NERO.
          Nero can copy discs.

click the doublle disc icon in Nero burning rom
          ,Nero express or Nero startsmart.
          Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

• Jack In The Mox
            • Aug 2004

Yeah, hasnt worked, for some reason it wont read burnt disks.. still searching for an alternative.

Comment

• de Witte
              DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
              • Jul 2004

try DVDshrink in fulldisc mode.
              Klaas

Comment

• Jack In The Mox
                • Aug 2004

I'm giving it all a try, I will be sure to post for the benefit of the community.

Comment

• Jack In The Mox
                  • Aug 2004

Ok, I tried that, this is the error I got.

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "F:\"
                  Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

NERO simply wouldn't read the file.

I got 90% through ripping the dvd to my computer before it gave me this error. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Comment

• Jack In The Mox
                    • Aug 2004

I also tried dragging the Audio and Video folders from the disk onto my hard drive and I got this error.

"Cannot copy "VTS_01_4" Data error (cylic redundancy check)"

it would copy all upto the last VTS file and then simply crap out.

Comment

• sjw
                      • Sep 2004

The cyclic redundancy error can be due to a scratched disc.
                      However, lately I've had it a few times when trying to go through Shrink. Are these films, cough, erm, downloaded?
                      I've seen this with downloaded films and I think it's to do with the 'ripper' (person) taking out extras etc. but not modifying the DVD structure (ifo file etc.) to suit.
                      I've put these discs through DVDRemake (simply loaded them in then exported them out) and that fixes the structure.
                      However, if you can't drag them to the HD, it sounds like a scratch..

Comment

• de Witte
                        DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
                        • Jul 2004

can you rip it to HD with decrypter in File mode "all Files"?

check I/O Ignore read errors and retries on 0.
                        Klaas

Comment

• Jack In The Mox
                          • Aug 2004

The files are not downloaded.

I can rip the real copies of my movies onto my HD no problem, I dont have the hard drive space to hold many yet. I burn a copy of one of my legitimate dvds and it works fine but I cant get it to burn a copy onto my hard drive or onto another disk.

I will try the DVD decrypter trick of yours and get back to the boards, perhaps that will work, cant hurt testing.

Ive lost about 5 disks doing this so if I can figure out how to correct this situation maybe it can become a sticky? just so no one has to waste their disks.

Comment

• de Witte
                            DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
                            • Jul 2004

If there are many errors on the disc the time of processing wil be long. It can take several hours. It's the same way for me of ripping DVD's with schratches.
                            Klaas

Comment

• panik
                              • Aug 2004

Just started burning a couple weeks ago with DVD shrink and having the same problem. Most discs I have burned went with no problem, but have been unable to caopy any of the burned discs with Nero 6, or with dvd shrink. I go on Nero to copy disc, then choose source drive and destination as same drive? Only have the one dvd R/W drive. Then I hit burn and it says "not enough space to copy disc". Please help, I really don't want to keep everythin I burn on my hard drive just in case I need another copy.

PS, I see a lot of people talking about using a DVD Decrypter to get around the cyclic redundency thing that seems to happen 10% of the time when I burn normal dvd's. where do I get one.

any help is appreciated.

Comment

Working...