Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keithgate
    • Aug 2004

Nero 6 OEM vs. Full Retail

In everyone's opinion, am I at a significant disadvantage of using just an OEM version of Nero6 vs. the Full Retail version? Bear in mind all I want to do is make backups of whole DVD's without any extra frills or reformatting the finished product.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

The OEM version is a version that your brand/manufactor of your burner has bundled with your burner. The main disadvantage of this version is that it will only burn with your current burner. You buy another brand of burner and Nero will not recognise it. The OEM version will fit your needs.

Comment

• driver8
      • Sep 2004

Cynthia Ithink that is not exactly correct. Last time I checked OEM comes with one type of licence number and full retail comes with another.

If you own any OEM you can go to nero, download the software and it will work on ANY burner. If you buy an oem version you don't even need to install i t just go to ahead and get the software.

The dowload is the same. if you apply any oem license number only parts of the software install. nero express for example.

If you apply a full retail number other components are onlocked: eg nero recode (more options than dvd shrink but with no dss), nero burning rom. some of these are very very useful.

nowadays unethical companies are selling oem versions that are supposed to be bundled wth hardware but are not so you can get nero oem for about $5 to $10.

don't worry about your hardware, any oem will give you the ability to work with any burner. I do think the full version has many more useful capabilits though.

Comment

• mg3
        • Sep 2004

with the latest nero oem(3)it has nero recode and others it only lacks(i think)a couple of programs that the full one does)i only use nero recode.somewhere on ebay it tells ou the differnce between oem 1,2,3 and full retail

Comment

• Floppy

Hi everyone

The full version has a powerpack and most of the plugins but still required to purchase some plugins if these are required or to unlock these plugins to unrestricted use too.

OEM may be restricted in functions only by the Serial number that in most cases belongs to the company that sold you the hardware/bundle.

These serials can add more/less functions depending on the OEM Suite level as Mg3 mentions.

This is as I understand it, if it is wrong, oh well!

Comment

Working...