dvd will not play on dvd player just in pc??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderhead
    • Aug 2004

dvd will not play on dvd player just in pc??

hi every one . i burned dvd in dvdshrink then went to nero and burned it to dvd+rw and it plays fine in my pc but when i put it in
    my dvd player it says bad disc. i tryed it in afriends and it played
    fine . but i let a nother friend try it and it didnt work for him .
    is there a setting i have to change in dvd shrink?
    please help thanks
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

If it plays ok in your mates DVD player then the problem is most probably a compatabilty issue with your DVD player. It either does not support the format of media or does not like brand of media you are using.

Take a look here for media compatabilty: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Comment

• de Witte
      DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
      • Jul 2004

If http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers says your player can play ie DVD+r or _r don't rely on it for 100%

This site is filled with info from users and the compatibility is also depending on the media and the burnsoftware. The best way to be sure is to purchase a DVDplayer wich is guaranteed by the manufactor to be able playing DVD-R+R.
      I've had a player wich should play DVD+R but it didn't a good job. 10 % of DVDR it woul play and not more (depending on the media brand).
      So i bought a SONY and now inpending of the brand it playe within seconds instaed of 30 seconds of waiting for BAD disc errors.
      Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

• thunderhead
        • Aug 2004

thanks guys im still trying with no luck

Comment

• thunderhead
          • Aug 2004

well i found the problem my dvd burner is dvd+rw and my dvd player is dvd-rw this dont work so good . is there any thing i can do to change this or do i have to by a new dvd that plays dvd +rw ? thanks guys

Comment

Working...