i think im gonna cry.. 25back ups and all of them choppy/skip..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bamo
    • Jun 2004

Use Dvdinfopro this will tell you the disc manufacturer.
    Run the burnt disc's through Nero CD-DVD speed test.This will test the quality of the burn.Post back with results.

Comment

• moffett
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Fil
      Not switch to + media

The best is to have a trial pack with Ritek-G04 and Prodisc maybe even something else on the -R family.

The RW disks means that if something goes wrong than you can always erase it and start again

No labels on the DVD's would help.

Upgrading your firmware should be a good thing too

Good things
      2 things for me here whats a frimwall and my rw keep saying there dmg.
      i just put a new one in it writes to it find.
      but it wont let me delete it

Comment

• Floppy

Originally posted by moffett
        2 things for me here whats a frimwall and my rw keep saying there dmg.
        i just put a new one in it writes to it find.
        but it wont let me delete it
        hmmm

Frimwall? No idea what that is, however firmware is the piece of software that (putting it simply) it tells your drive which cd/dvd brands to accept and their type i.e. -R/-RW/+r/+RW and the Read/write Speed for that the cd/dvd.

Sometimes your drive may benefit of a firmware update because it improves the drive in different areas i.e. more compatible with newer brans of media better read/write speed, stability and so on.

To find out what drive you have installed use nero infotool save the results and upload them here and I'm sure you can be pointed to somewhere you can get this Firmware update. The people that make your drve will be able to provide this in their support page.

Good things

Comment

• TomBrooklyn
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Sep 2004

No Multitasking during burn or during decoding also?

by lgha STOP using the PC while backing up dvds. Try burning at 2x or slower
          With DVD Shrink, is it important to not use your PC when analysing, decoding, and encrypting (if I got that right), or is it just important when in the burning process?

Also, with my DVD Shrink, I see settings for burn speed of maximum and 1.0. I am using Nero trial and a NEC 2005A. I have had it set on maximum and it burns at 2.4. Is that too fast. I haven't had a lot of problems, just one weird looking picture around chapter 7 on one disk out of about 10 I've done so far. I'm just wondering about the burn speed in case I have more problems.

Comment

• Floppy

Hello all

Essentialy it all depends on your system, I use my computer wilst I Analize/encode/burn with no reflection on the playback/burn quality of the DVD backup.

I wouldnt use at the same time a program that is bound to use a more than 50% of the processor time or something that is bound to consume alot of RAM but I only worry when I only have 200mb free RAM out of the 1.5GB on the system

It would be wise to try with a RW disk and increase the burn speed to see if that causes a change in the results. Keep in mind that RW disks usually have a slower read/burn speed.
            Last edited by Guest; 19 Sep 2004, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi again

To nagges try this link here:

I would e-mail toshiba as well and ask them when will they update the firmware since you are experiencing problems.

Good things
              Last edited by Guest; 14 Sep 2004, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• riceroni
                • Sep 2004

I use the NEC ND 2500A and it works beutifully with either + or - format. I've also used some cheap crappy off brand media and still burned perfect copies. So the problem could very well be your drive.

Comment

Working...