X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anon
    • Sep 2004

Skipping DVD's

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me here. Most of the DVD's I have recorded with DVD Shrink skip at some point or another in the DVD. I only use the dvd reauthor function, and leave compression at its default settings.

Some DVD's have come out OK, but most skip for no reason at random places in the DVD. The Passion of the Christ is the most recent one I had this problem with. I try to watch it and it skips all the time and sends me back to the beginning of that chapter.

What an I doing wrong?

I am using Memorex DVD+R's

Thanks in advance
  • Anon
    • Sep 2004

Forgot to mention that I am using Nero burning rom which interacts with DVD Shrink.

Comment

• lgha
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Mar 2004

Most of the time the skipping, freezing,ect is caused by the media itself. Check the compatability of your burner AND player with the disc that you're using and what others before you have found:

for writer compatibility search here:

and for DVD player compatibility search here:

Many posters prefer the Ridata G04 grade A or other top of the line blank disc.

Burning speed can also effect the outcome of the disc. Try not to burn faster than 2x or 2.4x at tops regardless of the disc speed until you can get this worked out.

Comment

• porubski
        • Sep 2004

I use cheopo media, I don't even know its name its so cheap .24$ a dvd. Anyhow. I decrypt all movies, "Movie Only", then use shrink to reauthor. I take out all of the trailer bs, remove all french, subtitles, clean up the audio by removing the 5.1 [my surround sound kicks it right back up] then take the compression down to either none or at the very least slightly minimal. My movies come out crystal clear no choppines, no skipping, and no freezing. Happy burning.

Comment

Working...