Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christie333
    • Sep 2004

new to burning

Hi. I just installed a burner in my computer and downloaded a couple of movies. I have never burned before and I have some questions. First, is it supposed to take a week or more to download a movie with dsl?

I have this movie on my computer and don't know what to do with it. It's in a folder with 82 different parts. I downloaded WinRAR, because they were .rar files and it looks like all it did was unzip them. When I click on the first .rar file (part 01 of 82) it turns them into VTS_01_1 through VTS_01_4 (4 files) that are VOB files and 4 other files that are both IFO and BUP files. When I click on one of the VOB files the movie plays, but I cannot burn it! I downloaded a trial version of Alcohol 120%, but it does not recognize the files.

How do I burn a dvd??? Also, do I have to do anything to the dvd before it will burn? Do I format it?

I'm sorry I am asking so much, but I am really confused!

Thanks, Christie
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

which DVD burning software do you have installed?

Comment

• christie333
      • Sep 2004

It is a trial version of Alcohol 120%. I have Nero 5 on my computer, but that just offers me choices for burning CDs.

Christie

Comment

• Floppy

Do you actually have a DVD burning drive?

If you dont Nero wont give you the option of burning DVD's.

About the formating of DVD's, this is not needed or in the case of -/+ writable media is to the best of my knowledge not done.

Comment

Working...