X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XtaZi
    • Sep 2004

XviD to DVD/MPEG-2 conversion problem

Hi, I'm new in all of this ripping and warez business so excuse me if I write stupid things or if this thread is in the wrong sub forum :\

I have 2 avi movies that I wanted to burn into DVD.
    I followed this guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...avi_to_dvd.cfm

After everything was working well, I got to the part where I convert the avi to MPEG-2 (DVD), I followed every step according to the guide and for the second time now (I tried the same process with 2 movies), I run into this problem.
    In the very last menu before I start converting the file, I need to determine how much space of the DVD-R I'll be using, how much audio bitrate, video bitrate, etc.

Where it says "Estimated size" I get 10GB with bitrate set on 4000 kbps and the minimum is 5.5GB with 2000 kbps. The movie I'm trying to convert is Eternal.Sunshine.Of.The.Spotless.Mind.DVDrip.XViD-DVL, which is only 700MB. The same thing happened with a similar file of the movie The Girl Next Door.
    I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
    Help please.

P.S
    Now I notice that the details I get in TMPGE in "Movie info" is all ok except the movie length which is 321min...? The movie is like 100mins only...
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

A couple of problems with your post:

1. Don't cross-post (posting the same message in multiple forums). This is against the forum rules.

2. There is no "warez business" (which refers to pirated software) on these forums.

3. Your reference to "Eternal.Sunshine.Of.The.Spotless.Mind.DVDrip. XViD-DVL" indicates a pirated movie file. Referring to pirated content is against the forum rules (rule 6). The same with the reference to "The Girl Next Door".

Thread closed.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...