I've got a +R, how do I convert it to a -R?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fudboy
    • Sep 2004

I've got a +R, how do I convert it to a -R?

No doubt this questions been answered before somewhere but I had a look and couldnt find it.
    Simple question, my Recorder that's connected to the television does +R DVD's, and I'd like to take the +R's and then convert them (or rip them, or whatever) on my PC so that I can then make -R copies.
    DVD shrink won't do the job, nor will DVD clone. They both seem to have a problem with the last 3-4 minutes of the file each time.
    Any clues anyone?

Thanks

Tony
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

All you would need to do is simply COPY the contents of the +R disks to your HD and burn the files to a -R disk with your favorite burning program.

Comment

• fudboy
      • Sep 2004

Tried that and I have a problem with "Possible corrupted data, or unreadable sectors"
      I have a sneaking suspicion that it may well be my DVD Recorder that is the root of this problem actually... Teach me to buy Bargain Basement specials won't it!

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"I have a problem with "Possible corrupted data, or unreadable sectors""

As an experiment, try to use either "DVD Decrypter" or "SmartRipper" to rip the contents of the +R disk to your HD.

Comment

• Floppy

Hello Guys

Bitsetting is a good thing to but that means having the hardware that supports this.

You never mentioned what media your using, because if this is of low quality you may find that the actual data on the DVD is unreadable. (good way to have a visual confirmation is to look at the disk and the dye distribution over the surface) it should be even/uniform and without any marks/blemishes/spots/lines etc...

Also if this is not the case why not clean the laser on the drive with a special DVD cleaning disk? And wilst at that the disk itself?

Hope these comments have shed some light on your problem.

Let us know, k
          Last edited by Guest; 26 Sep 2004, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• fudboy
            • Sep 2004

In the end I just copied the discs using Alcohol 120% and it works every time! Not sure why but so long as I get what I needed I'm happy!
            Thanks for all the suggestions

Comment

Working...