• Show
Clear All
  • ciobi
    • Sep 2004

Help! Burn Dvd With Pioneer Dvd-rw 108dl Using Pinnacle 9

My system is configured as follows:
    AMD 1.4G, 512 RAM, lots of hard disk space
    Pioneer DVD-RW, DVR-107D single layer
    Pioneer DVD-RW, DVR-108DL, double layer(8.5G disk)
    Video capture card which captures only in AVI format( the card is an older model , but functions properly)
    Software: Win XP, Pinnacle Studio 9
    My goal:
    To burn a DVD with my old VHS tapes(180 minutes tapes)
    Until now I managed to:
    1. Capture my VHS files in AVI format in my hard disk turning on my Video player and using the Conexant Capture function of Pinnacle 9 (180 min tape equals approx 80GB space on my hard disk).
    2. Edit the captured file using the magnificent features of Pinn 9.
    3. By editing the AVI file using Pinnacle under 60 minutes I was able to succesfully burn 4.7 GB DVD blank disks, using any DVD burners on my computer.
    I did not succed to:
    Use Pioneer DVR 108 duoble layer to burn a DVD longer than 60 minutes. How can I produce movies longer than 60 min using the double layer DVD writer(my old VHS tapes bein 180 minutes long)
    PS I'll replace my old Video card capture with a WinFast Tv USB II, hoping that I will be able to capture my old VHS tapes directly into MPEG 2 format. Do you think this is going to help me in solving my problem?
    I appreciate any help on the issue because I tried everything and can't solve it. Than
  • Floppy

Hello

Have a look at VHS to DVD conversion here:

Pinnacle 9 is rubbish, a rip-off, Not does what it says on the tin at all.

I use Ulead VideoStudio 8 and even though it has it's little bugs most of them have been resolved with the release of the patch 8.1

However UVS8 support DL disks and Nero 6 as well maybe you wanna try Nerovision express 2 to capture, pinnacle 9 to edit and back to Nerovision to burn them onto a DL.

I dont use DL but I would try that.

Comment

Working...