Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey_McKoy
    • Sep 2004

Exceedingly Desperate For Help

I have purchased numerous softwares and downloaded countless freeware and everything I've tried everyday for the past three weeks has failed me or found a new obstacle for me to hurdle that's dependent on a different software that won't work right for me. If I could find one person that has actually authored a working DVD/VCD, etc. that would be willing to guide me through doing one, I would happily make a paypal donation or something in exchange. (Note: I have read and followed tons of guides to the best of my ability before running into the road blocks that I am speaking about.) You name the software for me to use, I assure you I have it and an obstacle that I've experienced to match it. Please help, someone, anyone??!
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Let us know which s/w you have tried.... What format are your original files? Which guides have you tried to follow? Which "roadblocks" have you come across?

Comment

• Floppy

Nerovision Express 2

Comment

• ignignot
        • Mar 2004

What is your source?

Are you trying to author a DVD or a VCD?

I would strongly suggest avoiding Nerovision Express - it's worthless as far as I can surmise.

Comment

• lgha
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Mar 2004

"..(Note: I have read and followed tons of guides to the best of my ability before running into the road blocks that I am speaking about.)..."

Like Mig$y and ignignot said -

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ignignot
            What is your source?

Are you trying to author a DVD or a VCD?

I would strongly suggest avoiding Nerovision Express - it's worthless as far as I can surmise.
            Tried once to use it to create a DVD from MPEGs. The menusystem generatede only errors when trying to open the project/DVD with Shrink.

Comment

• ignignot
              • Mar 2004

Oops, just realized that I asked a question that was already asked - sorry!

"Like Mig$y and ignignot said -"

What do you mean by this?

Comment

• Floppy

Nerovision Express works fine for me on DVD authoring,
                mind you I use it to convert/create menus .AVI type1/2/Mpeg/WMV etc to DVD format Video_TS.ifo Video_TS.bup with very good results.

On the VCD/SVCD it doesnt work so well but that is just now after XP SP2.

Or have I misunderstood everything here?

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

I may be totaly wrong, which isnt impossible but it seems to me you have too many programs to do a simple job.

This degree of variety can not only cause conflicts but in general even maybe the problems you experience.

Try/experience/choose is my moto when it come to software and I stand next to the choices made as much as anyone else, because it works for me. This can be the truth for you with different software from all here.

If you wanna rip your DVD's for backup DVD shrink is the daddy.
                  If it gives you crap Use DVD decrypter (I dont)
                  Wanna make a DVD/VCD/SVCD use Nero (or one of the tools bundled).
                  I have Ulead Video studio 8 and it does the neede jobs including the VCD/SVCD when Nero fails because of the bugs resulting of XP SP2.

I'm sure someone else will have other opinions, advice and other software but here is one TIP:

Try/experience/choose

Get rid of all others to eliminate the chance of conflict or errors arising from such an array of software installed.
                  Last edited by Guest; 30 Sep 2004, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...