Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corrado_Driver
    • Sep 2004

having some probs copying a copy of a DVD

having some probs copying a copy of a DVD. I use DVD shrink all the time, would like to make another copy of some of the movies that I have to leave in my car. But dvd shrink and dvd decrypter niether of them will work. So if any one nows of any patchs or any thing that I can use for this please let me know...

Larry
  • riceroni
    • Sep 2004

Once you've copied a DVD just use either Nero or NTI to copy the DVD. It works for me. I can make copies of copies all day with no problem.

Comment

• lgha
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Mar 2004

Put the "copy" in the dvd-rom or burner, open "my computer" double click the "copy" then drag the two folders to a folder on your desktop, then have Nero burn a new dvd from the desktop folder. It is faster than starting from scratch.

Side note: which version of DVDShrink are you using that will not recognize the "copy"?
      Last edited by lgha; 29 Sep 2004, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• zatoichi
        • Sep 2004

Corrado

could you be more specific when you say "problem". i also have problems, and started a thread in this forum. mine is titled "DVD Copy as Read Errors" - it should be on page two. i'm interested in your experience.

Comment

• Corrado_Driver
          • Sep 2004

I have tryed nero 6.0 and Easy cd 7 neither of them work. Any more Ideas it is giving me a read error. I have a plextor 708a drive. I was thinking of trying to get a copy of a new plextor disc dup, thats there bit by bit copy program. I used to use that to copy Playstation games. Please help running out of ideas.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Are you trying to copy previously burned copies? Could be that they didn't get burned properly.

Comment

• Corrado_Driver
              • Sep 2004

they are copied and working dvds. I copied them with dvd shrink and they work perfect.

Larry

Comment

• cynthia
                Super Moderatress
                • Jan 2004

Are you getting CRC errors when you try to copy your copies?

Comment

• Corrado_Driver
                  • Sep 2004

I get read errors in all the programs...

Comment

• zatoichi
                    • Sep 2004

i managed to eliminate making dvd's that have read errors by using dvdfab and not compressing the dvd9. i also find the type of dvd-r media makes a difference.

for the existing discs that have read errors, try making an iso file first to your hd, then burn.

the ultimate solution might be to upgrade my burners firmware...i haven't done this to mine yet though.....

Comment

Working...