Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riceroni
    • Sep 2004

Armageddon DVD

This is the first time I've had this problem, and it's not like Armageddon is a new movie. When DVD Shrink Goes to analyse the files you can see the movie keep jumping and repeating scenes and and jumping to the nex scene and it's just plain wierd, what's going on with this disc. When I played the raw .vob file after I ripped them with DVD Decrypter they played just fine. But after being analysed and encoded the DVD played horribly. What causes this and how can I fix it?
  • johne88
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jul 2004

I have had problems before with scratchs and marks on the surface..that would cause this...check the surface...sometimes there won't even rip...

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

Re: Armageddon DVD

Originally posted by riceroni
      When I played the raw .vob file after I ripped them with DVD Decrypter they played just fine.
      Could be something wrong with the structure of the DVD.

Instead of playing the VOBs - try to open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file with a media player on your PC. That will tell you if that program also have problem to play your DVD.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"you can see the movie keep jumping and repeating scenes"

Sounds like it's a multiangle DVD...

Comment

• de Witte
          DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
          • Jul 2004

I agree with setarip.

I have seen it with many DVD's it''s just the way its sored on the disc. The Ifo's tells the player in wich order and what to play. Shrink just analyses in order it's on the disc. don't worry just Shrink.
          Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

Working...