X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrE_H
    Head of Sanitation
    • Apr 2003

Freeware v Commercial

I am currently using DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and ImageToolBurn to backup movies and it all works well and the quality seems to be good.

I have seen many commercial DVD Backup applications and was wondering if these provide better quality than the tools I am currently using? I am asking this as if they produce the same results then why isn't everyone using the free programs.

Cheers

Mr E
    A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Re: Freeware v Commercial

Originally posted by MrE_H
    I am asking this as if they produce the same results then why isn't everyone using the free programs
    A lot of people are just too lazy to do some investigating before shelling out hard earned cash on crap Payware or give in to spam and/or popups enticing them to another revolutionary bit of software that you can't live without.

Do yourself a favour and stick with the programs that you have. At the end of the day how much have you paid for the software that gives you quality backups.

You're a winner already .

Comment

• MrE_H
      Head of Sanitation
      • Apr 2003

cool - thanks. Sounds like good advice to me.
      A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

Comment

• johne88
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Jul 2004

Thats what I do...have not shelled out any $$...and love the results of the the programs I use...great advice Mig$y...

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

I have never paid for any programs. I used Shrink since the day it came out. I have used many trial programs such as DVd2One, CloneDVD and always go back to Shrink.

If Shrink isn't good enough I use DVD2DVD-R or DVD Rebuilder which is also freeware.

It is also now possible to stop using imgtool Burn/Classic. Shrink can now save as ISO and if someone uses DVD Decrypter, it burns them. It gives an alternative rip, compress and burn solution.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi guys

I like free, free is good, free is above all free. In some cases free come at a price like (adware/Spyware i.e. messenger plus, Mozilla software).

In this case your choices are free, clean and safe, producing great results all the time.

Seems to me you just wanted to join Digital-Digest

Free, I do stuff for free too, just to give something back and because it's right.

Good things everyone

Comment

Working...