Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dkamdip
    • Oct 2004

DVD=R Problems

I am having multiple problems when burning to DVD+R disks. When a friend of mine burns on a +R I can play it on my DVD player, however, when I do I cannot veiw it. Can someone please help me? I am using DVD shrink with Nero and can't seem to get anything right. Thanks in advance.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Try to see if there is a new firmware for your burner;

Comment

• bamo
      • Jun 2004

Maybe your friends burner booktype setting is DVD-ROM and yours is DVD+R.
      Use DvdinfoPro to confirm this.

Comment

• zorroo
        • Oct 2004

DVD+R Burning

I have found that for some unknown reason it will not burn on DVD + R but will burn a DVD+RW. I tried the first out of a 25 spool and it rejected all 3. Using DVD Shrink 3.1 with nero 6. Any ideas please. The RW works in my 5 year old pioneer just fine. But would like to use a cheaper media. Have not tried a standard backup in nero!

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

And you have updated your Nero?

Comment

• zorroo
            • Oct 2004

I ask the software to check for updates and after a few minutes. I got a reply none were available. Later i was going to try a burn within nero and it said i needed to contact nero because my version had issues with xp. It puzzles me a DVD+RW will burn but not aDVD+R. I'm suspect i may have gotten a bad batch but may try manual updates first.

Comment

• zorroo
              • Oct 2004

Nero has a post on the update site. One of the fixes for nero 6 is a incompatibility issue with XP SP2 and DVD+R media for video DVDs

Comment

• cynthia
                Super Moderatress
                • Jan 2004

And you are sure that you have the latest 6.3.1.25 installed?

Comment

• zorroo
                  • Oct 2004

I do now! I downloaded the updates this evening. Still having trouble with plus media. Returned the spool i had. Have not had time to get another yet. 12 of 25 were rejected. Have - burner in my desk top. So i did a copy to - media. Comp Usa has +r media for 50 spool for 20.00. Just did not have time to get it, i will keep you posted!

Comment

• Xabo
                    • Oct 2004

Hy,
                    I don't know what is about dvd+r media... I have also problems with them...
                    I have pioneer 107d writer, and nero 6, and I have tryed to write tdk, verbatim, traxdata dvd+r and it did not worked.
                    nero write it, and when it comes to finish, when buffer stops, ad writing is on 100%, he write INVALID FIELD IN COMAND, and COULD NOT PREFORM DISK AT ONCE.
                    With any DVD-r media I have no problems.
                    Does enyone know how i can fix it. I have a new firmware 1.20, but it doesn't helps.
                    thanx...

Comment

• bamo
                      • Jun 2004

Try burning with DVD decrypter or copytodvd.
                      Sounds like a bug in Nero.

Comment

• zorroo
                        • Oct 2004

My burner seems to be working ok with new media. I had purchased a 25 pack of phillips for 16.00 at circuit city. Took them back and purchase a 50 spool at compusa for 19.00. Ran into another issue this weekend though. Got a software DVD+R disc that my lap top would not read or copy. After serveral tries i got my desktop -R burner to read and burn it. Did the copy to the hard drive at first when the burner refused but the file ended up being 16MB. so i rebooted a few times and the burner did copy it but very slowly. Talked to compaq support about my laptop because i also have been having trouble with the burner showing DVDs as CDs. Dang thing is only 2 months old. My desk top is an p2 400 with 384 ram and a - burner and it managed sometimes new is not better.
                        Last edited by zorroo; 19 Oct 2004, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• zorroo
                          • Oct 2004

What compression software will allow you to fit 16gb on a standard 4.7 gb DVD.

Comment

Working...