X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frontman
    • Oct 2004

Nero help urgently needed! Please.

Good morning.

Unfortunately I cant dial the tech support number for Nero from work because its a "09" number so I hoped you guys might be able to help!

I am using Nero 6.3.1.25 I believe and I am very new to it. I am having nothing but problems but I'm not sure what I can do about it and was hoping somone here might know.

I am simply trying to make a slide-show movie DVD with around 400 holiday photos with some background music. When the process gets to just under approximately 1/3 of the total progress a virtual memory problem occurs with my laptop and everything comes crashing to a halt. I am obvioulsy aware that this is down to my machine and not Nero (or is it?), but I was wondering if you could offer some advice on how this is solvable?

I have this low-end machine here but according to Nero VisionExpress system requirements I think its all compliant isnt it?! It states a system req of 64MB of RAM. See here

I really dont know whats causing the burning process to crash each time. I have tried removing many of the photos and just burning 1 chapter of 99 pics but still it crashes, I have removed the music, closed some background processes to free up RAM but still no joy. Please please could you take a look at my laptops spec and let me know if theres any problems with it? Or indeed offer some advice as to how I can improve the chances of a successful burning process? I would greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks and regards
  • Frontman
    • Oct 2004

Cheers!!

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

I would be very grateful if you could upload a Nero log for that burning session.

Maybe the answer lies within.

Your Computer specs seem to say you only have a dvd Rom no mention of a DVD/CD burner...

Good things

P.S.

I'm not sure what you cheer about, if you expected someone to reply straight away I'm sure you'll find that this is done in everyones spare time and not everyone has loads of time allways.

Please try to understand...
      Last edited by Guest; 16 Oct 2004, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Frontman
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Floppy
        Hello

I would be very grateful if you could upload a Nero log for that burning session.

Maybe the answer lies within.

Your Computer specs seem to say you only have a dvd Rom no mention of a DVD/CD burner...

Good things

P.S.

I'm not sure what you cheer about, if you expected someone to reply straight away I'm sure you'll find that this is done in everyones spare time and not everyone has loads of time allways.

Please try to understand...
        Thank you for th info. I will create an error log on a new attempt and make it available to you to look at! Cheers! Also, I am using an external NEC 3500 DVD writer.. not the built in DVD drive!! That would be dumb huh!

I was saying "Cheers" up there to a member who sent me some info via mail.
        Last edited by Frontman; 18 Oct 2004, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Floppy

I'll wait for the reply with the Nero log (nero Express or Burning Rom log please

Good Things...

Comment

• Frontman
            • Oct 2004

OK lets try this....
            Last edited by Frontman; 5 Nov 2004, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• Floppy

Hello :0

For what I can see, the problem lies in Nerovision Express 2 and it' unability to load fles and covert them...

I would advise that all the files to be part of your slidshow be on a hard drive and then imported to Nerovision Ex, including audio.

I would ask now if you can burn anything at all with that drive (just to exclude comunication problems since there are no details on that log of that.... These details are contained on a Normal Nero express log, not a nerovision log.

There are know issues with pluging a drive via usb (if that is what u are using) if anything it should be USB 2 ports not USB 1.1 or Firewire...

Sorry for that but I need more info, to narrow down the error.

Good things

Comment

• cynthia
                Super Moderatress
                • Jan 2004

Re: Nero help urgently needed! Please.

Originally posted by Frontman
                Unfortunately I cant dial the tech support number for Nero from work because its a "09" number so I hoped you guys might be able to help!
                I don't think they will be happy.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi

Congrats cynthia 3000, dam!

If Nero dont like it, I dont think Frontman cares or anyone else I know, There is always e-mailing them (if u have official software that is)

Good things

Over and out i go

Comment

• Frontman
                    • Oct 2004

Hello :0

For what I can see, the problem lies in Nerovision Express 2 and it' unability to load fles and covert them...

I would advise that all the files to be part of your slidshow be on a hard drive and then imported to Nerovision Ex, including audio.

I would ask now if you can burn anything at all with that drive (just to exclude comunication problems since there are no details on that log of that.... These details are contained on a Normal Nero express log, not a nerovision log.

There are know issues with pluging a drive via usb (if that is what u are using) if anything it should be USB 2 ports not USB 1.1 or Firewire...

Sorry for that but I need more info, to narrow down the error.

Good things
                    Firstly thanks for your attempts at helping... its appreciated.

The pics I want to burn are already on the hard drive. I have also tried writing the project to the hard drive first to then burn it, alas it wont write it to the hard drive either.

Where/how can I obtain the "Nero Express" Log for you to see? If you think that would help?

I tried e-mailing Nero tech suport - No reply. I followed it up. No reply. I tried calling them, no one was there to help. At 90p a minute, I'm not keen to phone them again.

So I dunno. I really hope it doesnt end up one of those unsolvable problems! I am able to write everything else it would seem. I have made a few DVD's and VCD's now of downloaded TV shows and movies, one was 4GB I believe and it burned fine, I've copied discs ok too. So wht not a simple slide show? Its really baffling me! I am willing to try anything to make it work. The only reason I bought the DVD writer in the first place was so I could backup and memorialise pics and home movies! The rest is just bonus...

Oh, I'm using USB 2.0. as well.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi

You can find The Nero Log in:

C:/Program Files/Ahead/Nero/NeroHistory

It may help, the problems that cause this are best sometime to talk to support staff even by e-mail... If money is tight that is.

Comment

• Frontman
                        • Oct 2004

Hi

You can find The Nero Log in:

C:/Program Files/Ahead/Nero/NeroHistory

It may help, the problems that cause this are best sometime to talk to support staff even by e-mail... If money is tight that is.
                        Ok, I'll look for the file. Its not a cash availability problem, but on principal I proteset at using crappy software that I then have to spend 90p a min on to get fixed - over a telephone. Rip off!!!

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

If I have trouble that I cant resolve with Nero I e-mail support on the following techsupport@nero.com and it's FREE.

FREE, FREE, FREE.
                          Last edited by Guest; 25 Oct 2004, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Frontman
                            • Oct 2004

Hello

If I have trouble that I cant resolve with Nero I e-mail support on the following techsupport@nero.com and it's FREE.

FREE, FREE, FREE.
                            I refer you to my post further up where I stated I had mailed them twice and had no reply on both occassions.

Comment

• Floppy

I will still try and help, but I am not a pro...

Upload the Log asap

Comment

Working...