X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rtre1979
    • Oct 2004

HP Movie Writer DC 4000

Hello,

I am getting the HP movie writer today. This is an external burner that also has an analog input jack to convert a VHS signal to digital so I can save my VHS format movies to DVD. There was quite a few negative reviews from users on CNET.com so I talked to the HP support team who told me there was a pinched cable in previous units and it has been resolved. He also gave me some tips about uninstalling EasyCreator before installing the ArcSoft software that is used with this burner.

Has anyone used this burner and if so, what has been your experience?

Rick
  • rtre1979
    • Oct 2004

Update on this product after using it to transfer about 20 hours of tape to DVD. It's great! I was able to take it right out of the box, installed the software, plugged it in and transferred a 2 hr. VHS tape to a single DVD in about 4 clicks. It copies an real time and takes about 30 min to burn to DVD. The software allows you to preview a segment to adjust tracking and you can see the VCR commands such as FF, REW and the tape counter right on the screen to mark stop and start points. You can copy multiple segments from different tapes to the same DVD. The software automatically creates menus and chapter screens and a great startup screen.

I also used DVD Shrink and DVD decrypter to create full backups of Van Helsing and The Day After Tomorrow in about an hour. I would highly recommend this product as it is the only one I found that has the analog input jacks for direct connection to a VCR. It costs about $220.00.

Comment

Working...