Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johndmes
    • Jun 2004

Problems Recopying DVDs

Hi All, having some strange errors here, thought would ask if anyone has experienced the like:

I have two burners (a NEC ND-2510A, fw 2.16 NEC and a Lite-ON LDW-811S, fw HS0Q) that I use to create content on, on DVD-5 disks. The occasional coaster, but all normally goes well, and the DVD-5 disks are all playable on standalone players. The software used in burning these disks is either DVD Decrypter or Alcohol 120%.

Recently, I've tried recopying some of these disks, with bad luck overall. I get bad sector errors when trying to re-rip the disks using DVD Decrypter, either in ISO mode or in file mode. The disks are not protected in any way, and consist of video files that I've created myself using DVD Creator 2.

Thought it would be easier to re-rip the disks rather than re-create the original projects, but such is not the case.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

As a side note, is there any other software out there other than Alcohol 120% that can burn the same .ISO image to multiple burners? DVD Decrypter will only do one at a time (and running it twice results in a glacial system), and I use the capability to make archival copies of projects I do for others.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I get bad sector errors when trying to re-rip the disks using DVD Decrypter"

Why don't you simply make a "Copy" of the "Copy" by using the "Copy Disc" feature in "Nero" (or similar burning program)?

Comment

• johndmes
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ormonde
      "I get bad sector errors when trying to re-rip the disks using DVD Decrypter"

Why don't you simply make a "Copy" of the "Copy" by using the "Copy Disc" feature in "Nero" (or similar burning program)?
      Well...

I don't use Nero, personally, as I've had the program do some bad things to me in earlier versions, and I still don't trust Ahead Software to remain ahead of the curve B>

The errors I'm getting are raw disk errors, and that should flat-out not be happening, as the disks play just fine in my Magnavox standalone player. The software used shouldn't matter., at least AFAIK.

That's what I think, anyway - maybe I'm wrong, that's why I'm asking.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"The errors I'm getting are raw disk errors"

Have you attempted to use a different "Type/Brand" of media?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"The errors I'm getting are raw disk errors, and that should flat-out not be happening, as the disks play just fine in my Magnavox standalone player."

Standalone players are far more tolerant of minor DVD "condition" problems thatn are burners. Have you tried cleaning the original DVDs in question?

Comment

• johndmes
            • Jun 2004

Orimonde,

Yep, have both used a automatic semi-commercial DVD cleaner product (Digital Innovations CleanDr) and various other means as well - these disks are pristine, and still got 'em

Source media's all RICOH (Ritek-branded) J02 media - so the media's decent enough, and both burners can read/write it (i.e. have strategies for the RICOH media).

Destination media's is Ritek as well - 4X media though, not the 2.4.

Comment

Working...