Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oncehadamullet
    • Oct 2004

dvd copy-guard problem

I have a stand alone recorder (ilo dvdr04) and am having a problem copying from another dvd source as well as vcr due to microvision.Personal tapes and unguarded dvds work fine. I was using a clarifier (vc-3) for the same problem going from vcr to vcr and it worked great every time, but no such luck burning to dvd. I've tried every way I can think of from opening all regions on both players to going into and back out of the tv instead of dvd to dvd directly. Ive seen all kinds of programs that can be used using a computer burner, but can anyone help with my dilema? Im trying to avoid buying another clarifier for dvds as reviews seem to be extremely mixed...thanks in advance as this is my first post and hope this isnt lame.
  • Floppy

Hello

Go For solution

Would u click on the vote link on my signature please, its a multiple option, free, and no strings attached, no information about yourself will be collected or needed....

Good Things

Comment

• whompus
      • Oct 2004

Or you can go into the setup menu and scroll down to exit but just highlight it dont hit enter to exit then punch in # 2,9,6,and 0 then press enter then select region free then protection is no longer an issue.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To whompus

Changing a player to Region free does not, in and of itself, eliminate Macrovision...

Comment

• oncehadamullet
          • Oct 2004

Ive opened up the region menu on the ilo but still no luck. I broke down and unfortunately bought a 'VIDEO COLOR CORRECTOR' that guarenteed to eliminate copy guard on dvd to dvd but still nothing and out another $40. Ill end up spending more trying to figure this out than all the dvds Im wanting to record combined.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi

If you have purchased something that is not suitable for purpose described, you can return it to the shop... It is a basic consumer right.

What you are looking for is what I recommended, unless there is a hack for your player, I searched for one with no avail...

Good things
            Last edited by Guest; 24 Oct 2004, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• whompus
              • Oct 2004

Sorry to hear it.

Maybe us here got lucky with older units or something. But I got the dvdr04 and told some friends about it and 3 of them got the same unit. The only thing we did is open the regions and it has worked on all after. I just got finished using it to make a dvd with lion king 1, 1 1/2, and 2 on the same disk for my grandson. I have nothing in between the dvd and dvdr but an av cable.

I dont think it is my player doing it that is the source as me and my 3 friends with the recorder here has different players not one the same. I also tested it with ice age because I remember a lot of people where having trouble getting that to copy right with comp software a while back. It worked as well. Those dvds have protection on them but offered no problem at all. My unit has date stamp of july 2004 is conected av not s-video if any of this is makes a deference.

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

You probably know this but macrovision (the colour problem) is different to the CGMS problem. If that stabiliser removes just the macrovision it still leaves the CGMS.

CGMS is copyguard management system and the DVD has to trigger the CGMS inside the player. Some DVD's apparantly do not. It is intended to compiment the macrovision and stop making copies by just connecting just a cable between two devices.

If I try to get a CGMS DVD to my DVD Recorder. I get a "cannot record this signal on the TV" message. With just macrovision on a DVD, the signal will get recorded but the colour and sometimes the contrast is affected.

My Encore 450 (Sampo clone) has CGMS disabled in the hacked firmware.

Comment

• billweb143
                  • Dec 2004

Macrovision Problem With ILO

You can try the sites below they may help you. Your ILO is just a rebranded LITE-ON more than likely. Follow these links-Good Luck!

This forum will help you with all your video and audio questions!

Comment

Working...