X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markyman
    • Oct 2004

Picture skipping on back-up dvds

Hi all,
    I have a problem that I can't figure how to fix.
    I have a Panasonic SC-HT920 home theater system. Everynow now and then I make backup dvdr's on new movies. Some of them work fine. But for others, when I play the dvdr in my player, I can hear the sound clearly, and I can see the picture except that it- the picture- keeps skipping- not forward but going up and down.
    I used Nero directly, and also tried with DVDshrink with no luck. I faced this problem with Spiderman2, Troy, and I-Robot.

I'm not sure sure what am I doing wrong. I am using DVD+r cause that's what my pc reads. the movies play fine on both my laptop and desktop.

Any thoughts...
    Thanks...
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

To check the compatibilities/limitations of your standalone player with regards to specific types of media visit:

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I faced this problem with Spiderman2, Troy, and I-Robot."

Do your ORIGINAL, COMMERCIAL versions of these DVDs exhibit the same behaviour when played on the same system?

Comment

• markyman
        • Oct 2004

No, all original disks play fine. Some of the dvdr's I copied also play well- like Shrek. Not sure wut's the deal. I looked into Panasonic's web site and it said the player only supports DVD-R, and my PC only reads DVD+R.
        I'm thinking that I need to buy a DVD+/- R and try that with DVD-R.

I'll let the forum know of my findings.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

setarip

I think suggesting that "markyman" visit the same site that I suggested is bit redundant...

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To ormonde

You are most certainly correct, my oversight (and we won't discuss plagiarism ;>})...

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"and we won't discuss plagiarism"

I resent the implication…

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

To ormonde

Resent it all you want.

I harbor no grudges about it, but I do smile at the "familiar" ring (almost verbatim) of your responses offering directions for using TMPGEnc DVD Author, for converting .AVIs to DVDs, converting MPEG2 to DVD, checking DVD player capabilities/limitations, etc.. I've been posting these instructions at these forums since well before you made your first posting here.

Again, I smile about this, since I am an adherent of that old saw, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" - but please don't insult my intelligence by "resenting the implication".

And most importantly, kindly don't try to turn this into a flaming contest...

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

setarip

So do you think you have a "Monopoly" on information? I admit openly that I have "Borrowed" certain information from you - I think "Plagiarism" was over the top in terms of your "Implied" accusation, as that is what I was responding to. I do my best (as I'm sure you do - and have) to help other posters in these forums. Whether that information comes from "You" or "Me" is beside the point. The actual help is what is important. I think you should consider knocking that "Chip" that seems to be resting on your shoulder off.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

As I said, most importantly, kindly don't try to turn this into a flaming contest...

"I think you should consider knocking that "Chip" that seems to be resting on your shoulder off."

It's a CPU ;>}

Bye...

Comment

• ormonde
                        Digital Video Explorer
                        • Dec 2003

"don't try to turn this into a flaming contest"

Well you know I never "Flamed" you at all - you just don't know when to quit. You be sure and have a nice day too - Bye.

Comment

Working...