Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FaintReality
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by cynthia
    Could be that your 8x Verbatim disc is not covered by the firmware. Have you tried to burn any of these discs at 4x?

I am using the Lite-On LDW-811S DVD burner w/ HS0R firmware. How do I determine if my Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. MCC 02RG20 4x DVD-R disc work with that firmware?

My recorder won't burn them at 4x. It will give me an error message during the burning process, and automatically default to the 2x.

Dave

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

You have the latest firmware installed.

You could use this program - SMART-BURN Media Check Program - for checking out your discs;

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

There is also the latest solution - write your own firmware with OmniPatcher for LiteOn DVD-Writers.

Comment

• FaintReality
          • Oct 2004

Well, I tried burning "The Day After tomorrow" again using Shrink 3.2. This time I burned to the HD first, then from the HD to the disc. It says it was created sucessfully...

When I pop it in the PS2, the opening credits freeze up a little, but it continues to play throughout the entire movie with no other freezes. The movie will play all the way thru, as well as load immediately, unlike my other results. I did notice the movie was pixelated though. When I look at the disk on my computer, it shows 3.14 GB's, which is kinda weird. When I shrunk the disk, I copied only the movie title to the HD, in which it was still over 4.7 gb's, in which dvd shrink automatically compressed it like 20%.

Any other suggestions?

I have tried 5 of the 100 disc so far, and have 5 coasters

Thanks for all the help so far.

Dave

Comment

• FaintReality
            • Oct 2004

I tried burning "taking lives" which was a previous DVD I had burned sucessfully, and it did not work for me.

I previously burned it using dvd shrink 3.2, using a ritekG04 disc, and the previous version of firmware.

So I am guessing its either the new disc or the new version of firmware?

any suggestions? I have wasted 6 disc now!

Thanks, Dave

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"any suggestions? I have wasted 6 disc now!"

Use R/W (rewritable) media until you've resolved this issue...

Comment

Working...