Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chuck57
    • Oct 2004

DVDXCopy discs freezing

I am ripping and burning my dvd's using DVDXCopy Platinum. I have also been using Imation media with no problems at all. All of a sudden I am producing discs that skip and freeze. I've not added any programs to my computer. Commercial dvds play fine on my computer and ripped movies play fine off my hard drive. Anyone have any ideas?
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Got a new batch of DVDs? Or are you using the same package as earlier?

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

Well, causes for this may be if you have your overburn selected on DVDs, presuming you have Nero... Labels may cause freezing and dirty lasers may have adverse effects on the burn quality and playback...

Bad Media is another but cynthia as already asked about that?

Would u click on the vote link on my signature please, its a multiple option, free, and no strings attached, no information about yourself will be collected or needed....

Good Things

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Are you multi-tasking whilst you are burning?

Although I would ditch XCopy and get yourself DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both freeware).

Comment

• Floppy

Hi

Good point mig$y

good things

Comment

• Chuck57
            • Oct 2004

Thank you all! I've just had the chance to try some other media and it works fine. I thought, what were the odds that at least 23 discs from a 50 spindle were bad? I guess when a production run goes bad, it really goes bad!
            I do have DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I've used them for ripping. What would I use for writing, if not DVDXCopy? I have Nero StartSmart. It doesn't allow for browsing for files to burn, only for disc to disc copy.

Comment

• cynthia
              Super Moderatress
              • Jan 2004

Why not use DVDDecrypter for burning?

Comment

• Chuck57
                • Oct 2004

I'm not real familiar with DVD Decrypter. I must be blind, I don't see a burn option. Do I just select my burner as the "destination folder"?

Comment

• cynthia
                  Super Moderatress
                  • Jan 2004

You need DVDShrink ver 3.2.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"I'm not real familiar with DVD Decrypter. I must be blind, I don't see a burn option."

If the DVD being copied is a single-layer DVD, use DVD Decrypter to first "Read .ISO" (Actually rip .ISO to your hard drive) and then "Write .ISO" (actually burn .ISO to your burnable media)

If the DVD being copies is double-layer DVD, first use DVD Shrink to create a compressed .ISO and then use DVD Decrypter to "Write .ISO"...
                    Last edited by setarip; 25 Oct 2004, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi guys

I must be really lucky, never had to use anything but DVD Shrink and Nero...

Comment

Working...