Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HornyBass
    • Oct 2004

DVD Shrink vs DVD Rebuilder+CCE SP&Avisynth

I decided to try DVD-RB and it seems that DVD Shrink does better than DVD-RB, but I find it weird as a lot of people seems to think DVD-RB+CCE are better.

Check out the following thread to know what I'm talking of and please give me your opinion here or there, as you like.

• nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

DVD Rebuilder with CCE is better than Shrink when it is properly setup. However, to get any noticeeable difference it needs to be less than 70% (of original) compression. There isn't any point in using CCE at 70% plus compression. The extra time it takes isn't worth it.

Ten passes with CCE is way OTT. You should only do three or four max. I can almost 100% gurantee that would be the reason for any bad quality.

Shrink 3.2 with it's EAC quality setting has closed the gap between the itself and CCE considerably.

Comment

• HornyBass
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by nwg
      DVD Rebuilder with CCE is better than Shrink when it is properly setup. However, to get any noticeeable difference it needs to be less than 70% (of original) compression. There isn't any point in using CCE at 70% plus compression. The extra time it takes isn't worth it.

Ten passes with CCE is way OTT. You should only do three or four max. I can almost 100% gurantee that would be the reason for any bad quality.

Shrink 3.2 with it's EAC quality setting has closed the gap between the itself and CCE considerably.

Thanks for your reply, it does help me much

What about the matrix usage in CCE?

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HornyBass
        What about the matrix usage in CCE?
        I just use DVD-RB's default CCE settings. Once you start messing around with settings, it can produce undesirable results.

I only change the number of passes required. That is only when the compression is around 65% and below

Comment

• HornyBass
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by nwg
          I just use DVD-RB's default CCE settings. Once you start messing around with settings, it can produce undesirable results.

I only change the number of passes required. That is only when the compression is around 65% and below
          So I guess it is better to leave the Quality_Prec value at its default value of 16?

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HornyBass
            So I guess it is better to leave the Quality_Prec value at its default value of 16?
            I have used DVD-RB since the first 0.13 version and have never had to change anything.

Comment

• HornyBass
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by nwg
              I have used DVD-RB since the first 0.13 version and have never had to change anything.
              Ok, thanks again for your advises

Comment

Working...