Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coleywrx
    • Oct 2004

Any tricks to Monsters, Inc.

I used DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, in every possible combination, to try and make a backup of Monsters, Inc. After making a fully menued copy of "A Bug's Life" on one DVD-5, I decided to copy Monsters, Inc. too.

First, I attempted to read an ISO file w/ DVDD and do a Full DVD compress with DVD Shrink, backup to ISO and burn with DVDD.

Second, I attempted to read an ISO file w/ DVDD and do a Reauthor of just the WS version of the movie, backup to ISO and burn with DVDD.

Third, I attempted to do a Full DVD compress using the Open Disc feature of DVD Shrink, Full DVD compress to DVD-Video files and burn with Nero.

Fourth, I attempted to do a Full DVD compress using files created with DVDD, saved as DVD-Video files using DVD Shrink and burn with Nero.

I created four coasters. All burns failed in exactly the same spot, during the "writing leadin............" portion of the burn.

The last two times, when I created DVD Video files, these were playable with PowerDVD, both before and after I compressed them with DVD Shrink.

Any suggestions?
  • coleywrx
    • Oct 2004

BTW, I use RITEK media. The code is RITEKG04, never burned a single coaster before.

Comment

• coleywrx
      • Oct 2004

OK, I seem to have solved the problem. I switched back to my old faithful Samsung SH-W08A DVD Burner. I had been using the new Lite On 832S with firmware upgrade. I was hanging on every disc during "Write Leadin............."

No love for the Lite On? What could it be?

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by coleywrx
        I had been using the new Lite On 832S with firmware upgrade.
        What firmwareversion do you have installed? If you want to find out your version - you can use this program: www.dvdinfopro.com It's freeware.

Comment

• coleywrx
          • Oct 2004

I'm not at that computer, but I actually downloaded the newest firmware from a link that YOU provided in another post. I just got the DVD burner on Friday, updating the firmware was the first thing I did.

What could it be? Do I have a bad burner? It never gets past the "Writing leadin............" and starts burning. I switched back to my Samsung and the only movies I haven't been able to back up is Toy Story 2. That one's giving me fits.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Could be that the Lite-On don't like your brand of discs. What brand is it? Or perhaps burning at to high speed.

Comment

• coleywrx
              • Oct 2004

DVD Decrypter identifies them as RitekG04 discs. I have hundreds of successful burns with this media and my Samsung.

FWIW, I also tried one of the four burn of Monsters with a Sony DVD-R.

Comment

Working...