Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeag81
    • May 2004

Nero is killing me

The Problem: I get to the end of burning a disc w/ nero 6.6 demo version and it says something about "disc at once" and that the session failed. I've looked thru other posts and my DMA is enabled and I've burnt at 4x and 2.4x. The weird part is that I first burnt one movie at 4x then tried another disc. it failed as above. tried another and it failed. tried a third and it worked. so i moved onto the next movie. failed three times as above so i searched the forum more and thats when i tried it at 2.4x. it worked. next movie failed at 2.4x. now i'm just sitting here frustrated. i tried using dvddecryptor but that failed near the end on my 1st attempt too. burner firmware up to date also.
    After using DVDshrink and nero w/o problems for 5 months, I got Norton Internet Securities and cleaned up my comp too well (deleted windows), had it reinstalled by pros who put a driver on that was too up to date. caused comp to freeze up when encoding w/ dvdshrink. had them fix it. dvdshrink works fine now. problem is now with burning the discs. My system: ABS P3 733mhz 128mb 20 gig HD/ 15gig free and 40 gig HD/ 18 free.
    Suggestions?
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Do you have the latest firmware for your writer?

Comment

• mikeag81
      • May 2004

yes. Also, i've always used memorex 4x dvd+r. used over 100, but i just noticed another post where someone called into lite-on tech support and was told lite-on is incompatible w/ memorex. i'm using lite-on LDW-411S.

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Do you multi-task whilst burning? Or do you have any programs that may interfere with the burn running in the background?

Invest in some Ritek too.

Comment

• mikeag81
          • May 2004

the only multi tasking i do is watching football in the other room. and the only new program i have is Norton Internet Securities, but I don't know why that would interfere with anything.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"it says something about 'disc at once' and that the session failed"

Have you tried to play the "apparently" failed DVDs? NERO frequently generates false "lead out" and "disc at once" error messages...

Comment

• cynthia
              Super Moderatress
              • Jan 2004

Could you post a log file from Nero. It could help see if there is something in your settings that are not right.

And please delete your serialnumber before posting the log file.

Comment

• de Witte
                DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
                • Jul 2004

" nero 6.6 demo version "

Wich demoversion is it 6.6.0.0 or the origenal from NERO.com 6.6.0.1 ?
                Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

• mikeag81
                  • May 2004

setarip: Yes i've tried playing all seven failed discs and none work.

cynthia: Remind me where the serial number is and I'll have it for you after work.

de Witte: it is 6.6.0.1 demo from nero.com.

Comment

• cynthia
                    Super Moderatress
                    • Jan 2004

In the beginning of the log report you some numbers like these;

1A25-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000

Erase them before you post - others can hijack your serial number.

Comment

• mikeag81
                      • May 2004

Ok I feel really dumb but I cannot find any numbers that look like that in my log. Is there anyway i can just email it to you instead?

Comment

• mikeag81
                        • May 2004

I was looking throught the preference section of DVDShrink. I noticed an unchecked box for enabling burning with nero. Should this have been checked the whole time. I'm no genius but this seems to make a little sense. Just wondering.

Comment

• cynthia
                          Super Moderatress
                          • Jan 2004

If you want DVDShrink to burn directly to your hard disk after the encoding is over and you are selecting your burner as output target - it must be checked.

Comment

Working...