Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ormishen
    • Nov 2004

Need help, HP dvd200i

I have a DVD200i dvd-writer (but it says DVD200j in the hardware config) from HP and the problem is it doesn't read burned dvd's. It reads normal cd/dvd and burned cd though and it can burn dvd and they do work on other computers.
    Im running XP on my computer and as far as I have gathered I need the original cd that is supposed to come with the hardware to install the original drivers. However I got the dvd-writer as a part of a compaq computer packet and therefor I never got an install cd. Problem is HP doesn't have the original files on their site, only the upgrades and you can't install then if u don't have the original files. They offer you to buy the cd from them however, but i can't see why I should pay for something that i should already have and also they don't even ship it to Sweden where I live so it's not an option.

If you have that cd and are willing to send me the files, or you have another solution to the problem I would be more than grateful for your help.

Omar
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"or you have another solution to the problem I would be more than grateful for your help."

If I were you, I would return the HP drive and get another drive that has a better reputation in terms of "Customer Support".

Comment

• ormishen
      • Nov 2004

I really would like to but I not sure I can. The cd-writer was a part of a compaq computer packet which i bought second hand.

Trust me, I will never buy anyting from HP again, but for now there has to be someone outhere that has the driver cd and is willing to help me.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Are you aware that your burner appears to be limited to +R and +R/W media (It cannot handle -R or -R/W media)?

"It reads normal cd/dvd and burned cd though and it can burn dvd and they do work on other computers."

Thios sounds like all required drivers are in place. Have you TRIED downloading and installing the most recent firmware update
        for this model?
        Last edited by setarip; 2 Nov 2004, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• ormishen
          • Nov 2004

Yes I am aware that it only runs dvd+r and +rw discs and I have only tried running those types.

As for firmware I have tried everything provided by HP, but I have to admit that im not completely sure how you use firmware or how to flash the drive.

Comment

Working...