Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _Odin99
    • Sep 2003

burning DVD using imgTool and DVD decrypter

I am having a problem burning a iso file. I extracted an img file from a group of .rar files Using Winrar. Then used IsoBuster to extract them to a group of files: VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, and VTS_01, 02, and 03, .99g .99g and 19mg respectivley. I then converted these files to a single ISO using imgtool, then tried to burn the ISO with DVD Decrypter. the DVD Decrypter gives me an error: Device Not Ready( Cannot Read Medium- Unknown Format). I have never had this error message before so I dont know how to solve it.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
    Odin
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"VTS_01, 02, and 03, .99g .99g and 19mg respectivley"

Approximately 2.2Gb - sounds incomplete...

What's the title? Why do you have it as a group of .RAR files?

Comment

• _Odin99
      • Sep 2003

Its video file I got from OneMoviePlace.com AKA Download Sheild most of the files here seem to be either .rar, or .tar, with some in ro1 ro2 ect.. and they all seem to be around 2g

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Now that I understand that you've downloaded the file, i can only say that you never know what you're going to get when you download somebody else's creation. It could very well be a fake file, or it could contain a virus/trojan horse/worm that may cripple your system, or it could simply require some "special handling" that you haven't read about at the site.

By the way, if it's a "rip" of a commercial DVD, it's against the rules of these forums to discuss anything related to such files...

Comment

• _Odin99
          • Sep 2003

the file will play in the VIDEO_TS mode using WinDVD I checked the entire Video and its complete. it seems to be the ISO mode that isnt working or the DVDDecrypter with the error problem, I have never had a VIDEO_TS/ VOB file system that works on the PC then wont after the imgtool creates an ISO out of it. IM just at a loss on how to proceed.

and as far as I know its not a rip DVD. its not actually a full length Movie just a video file.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"VTS_01, 02, and 03"

These filenames are incomplete and incorrect.

They (VERY likely) should be named, "VTS_01_1.VOB", "VTS_01_2.VOB", and "VTS_01_3.VOB"...

Comment

• _Odin99
              • Sep 2003

yes they are sorry I only typed it in that way to shorten the length of the post, my fault on that one, I didnt mean to make this more complicated.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"I extracted an img file from a group of .rar files Using Winrar."

You should be able to use DVD Decrypter DIRECTLY to burn this .IMG file - without any additional extraction by ISOBuster and then re-converting to an .ISO image file. You're going in (unnecessary) circles...

Comment

• _Odin99
                  • Sep 2003

ok, tried to burn the original img file without the excess converting but I get the same error message. I would think its a corrupt file, but it works after the img to VOB form extraction in WinDVD, I almost wish it wouldnt work then so I could right it off, but now I have the bit in my mouth and its hard to let go. Sorry to drag you in this with me, I just wish I could figure out why it works in VOB form but wont burn in ISO or IMG form. Thanks alot for your help on this setarip, its just confusing the heck out of me.
                  anything you can think of would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

If you have another burning program, such as NERO or similar, use it to burn the SET of DVD files (.IFOs, .BUPs, .VOBs) in "DVD-Video" mode - instead of trying to burn the image file...

Comment

• _Odin99
                      • Sep 2003

I have Nero but have never used it to burn a DVD, only VSCDs, I have tried to find a "DVD-Video" mode but I guess IM just missing it, I hate to kep bothering you, but could you tell me how to set that up, please?

thanks a ton for taking all the time to help me I know Im a pain.

Comment

• _Odin99
                        • Sep 2003

In case you need to know, I have version 5.5.5.1

Comment

• _Odin99
                          • Sep 2003

ok I downloaded the new version 6 IM looking through the tutorials on the website seems to be ALOT more options then the old version if you can think of a quick way let me know, otherwise Ill just keep tooling through maybe I'll get lucky .

Thanks again man your help is invaluable

Comment

Working...