Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rayzyn
    • Nov 2004

DVD Burners

hello im a newb to all this stuff about dvd burning etc etc. I am looking for a DVD Burner as they are cheap enough now and was wondering a few thing about them.

1) Can I backup my dvds without any copyright issues onto DVD-R?

2) Can I backup Dual Layer disc movies onto regular DVD-R?

3) Can I Play Multiregion DVDs without the drive staying locked onto the 5th region I used?

4) Which drive types and models can be upgraded to Dual Layer burning?

thank you for your time. Rayzyn
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I am looking for a DVD Burner as they are cheap enough now and was wondering a few thing about them."

I would suggest that you visit the following site in order to get some ideas regarding features/compatibility issues about various DVD burners:

Comment

• Floppy

Re: DVD Burners

Originally posted by Rayzyn
      hello im a newb to all this stuff about dvd burning etc etc. I am looking for a DVD Burner as they are cheap enough now and was wondering a few thing about them.

1) Can I backup my dvds without any copyright issues onto DVD-R?

2) Can I backup Dual Layer disc movies onto regular DVD-R?

3) Can I Play Multiregion DVDs without the drive staying locked onto the 5th region I used?

4) Which drive types and models can be upgraded to Dual Layer burning?

thank you for your time. Rayzyn
      1) You can backup films you own for your personal use only (subject to copyright laws in different countries)

2)Yes

3)MultiRegion DVD are playable in just about any drive or standalone DVD player

4)Not worth buying a DL drive just yet but there is I am not sure now but was it LG or BenQ drives that can be made officialy a DL drive by firmware update

Comment

Working...