Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sco0t
    • Oct 2003

Burning at top speed corrupts DVD.

Hi, i recently got a new dvd burner a nec dual layer 8x. But i have burned several dvd movies. But the problem i found is when i burn at 8x it always freezes on my dvd player 5 mins into the movie or the movie goes really slow. Burning at 4x sometimes goes corrupt. The only safe burning speed is 2x for me, which is pretty slow. I was wondering if anyone knows what this problem is and if it can be solved.
    Regards,
    Scott.
    "Is that a gun or you just happy to see me?"
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"The only safe burning speed is 2x for me, which is pretty slow. I was wondering if anyone knows what this problem is and if it can be solved."

This is a frequently noted situation at these forums. It would appear that the technology (of either the hardware or some low-end media) is not quite up to snuff. A half-hour (2X) to burn almost 5Gb of data is really quite phenomenal in its own right,when you think about it ;>}

Comment

• ziadost
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

yes, but subconciously we are thinking "a cd only takes 5 minutes, and its the same size as a dvd"... we can't help it
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Assuming that you have a Nec2510A?

Do this test:

Download www.dvdinfopro.com (freeware) insert one of your burned disc and selelct the option "Test your media for CRC read errors" - if you only get green dots you know that your burning is ok and it is the player that causes the problem. If you get any read dots - you know that something is wrong. And need to be fixed:

1. You are using an old firmware.
        2. Your burning software is not up to date.
        3. You are using media that is not supported by the official Nec recommendation.

Comment

• bamo
          • Jun 2004

Hi
          I burn all 8x @ 8x with this drive. All 4x @ 6x or 8x. Apart from Bulk crap media (don't go near it).
          Firmware really does make a difference with this drive.
          You should try Herrie's 107v2b5dl or TDB 2510w2f7.
          I am currently using 2f7 with great success.
          Attached is a Nero speed scan of an ANV (GO5) disc burnt @8x.
          PM me and will send both to try.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...