Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abiogenesis
    • Nov 2004

Problem by playing DVD in stand alone

First off all: high everybody, im new to this forum. Im Abio from Belgium, a 24 years young movielover Since today im writing backups off my dvd-movies. But i have some strange problem...

Ok first off all my specs:

Amd 64 3000
    1gig ram
    nec dvd-brander ND-3500

So i think thats good enough

My software i use:

Windows Xp proffesional
    Shrink 3.2
    Nero 6 ultra edition

So i burned with nero through shrink my dvd. The movies (dont think that matter but u never know...) Troy and 11:11.

When i play them on my pc, they play perfectly. Its just like my originals. Only troy is ofcourse some smaller (i use 4.7gig discs).
    But no problems or errors at all.

I also checked allready on CRC-errors (to be sure) with "DVDinfoPRO". And that is all ok to.

So when i put them in my standalone dvd-player (a thomson) i have some weird stuff. From time to time the DVD freezes for 1 seond or so. Its not from skipping o another chapter or so, it just do so. After watching about 6-8 mins, its getting less that this happens.

So does anybody knows what the problem can be?

I was thinking about the next things:

I writed the dvd's in "non-region". Maybe i need to write them in my regioncode? (2)

Maybe i need to write the discs some slower and not at full speed?

If anyone can say what i can do, r if one of the things i think are a solution or not, please tell me

And sorry for my english

Greetings

Abio
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Hi Abio

Welcome to the forum

It sounds as if your standalone player either does not support/like the brand/format of media you are using.

Check here for media compatibilty for your standalone:

Comment

• Abiogenesis
      • Nov 2004

thanx a lot i watched to that site and got some good info

Its a saba i have (but its same as thomson) and seems like he can play it (normally) all. So i think it is the dvd-disc himself, maybe i better can buy some good and not some from "sky"

But it cant be about writing to quick? (i mean its 1-8 speed discs, but can it maybe be solved by burning at 4 instead of 8?)

anyway thanx

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

"I also checked allready on CRC-errors (to be sure) with "DVDinfoPRO". And that is all ok to."

Your burning is ok - it won't help if you burn at 4x.

A trick could perhaps be to use +R discs and use bitsetting to fool the player to think it's a DVD-ROM it's dealing with.

Comment

Working...