site with movies on it that you can download..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Oh, and if you want copyright free movies, here's the link:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

And oh, if you want download some free movies on the net, here they are:

Comment

• Dj Eclipse
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by admin
        I haven't used this site personally, but this looks like one of thousands sites that offers nothing except instructions on how to use P2P to download "whatever you want", including illegal files. Their FAQ is a joke, with questions like "My web browser asks me if I want to save or open the file. What should I do?" and "I just downloaded and saved the file to my hard drive, but I forgot where it is. How can I find it again?" - thanks, but I don't need a tutorial on how to use Internet Explorer.

Unless "Ultimate Movie Download" have their own private file sharing network of "30 million users", and they somehow have the super computing capability to monitor the files being shared by all of these users (a capability that even the FBI lacks currently), chances are you are able to find illegal files using the techniques offered by this website. Even their front page says "Download and share <u>anything</u> you want anytime you want." - does that include illegal files, I wonder?

This is what I think Ultimate Movie Download" does:
        - Give you links to download P2P software
        - Teach people to use P2P, although you can find free instructions just about anywhere
        - P2P networks hosts lots of legal files, so if you manage to download something illegal, that's your problem

And that's the other big issue really. When something like file sharing can be used both legally and illegally, who's responsibility is it when someone does something illegal - the people who setup and maintain the network (or teaches people how to use it), or the person that actually seeds or downloads the pirated file (versus the thousands of others that choose to use the network legally)?

For Hollywood and the music industry (the MPAA and RIAA), it's much easier to close down a network, than it is to monitor the millions of users of the network, spot some sort of copyright infringement, try to get the permission of the original copyright holders to allow them to take action, and then hire detectives to track down each and every one of those users that do breach copyright. Of course, they will occasionally fire a few lawsuits at individuals to scare the rest of us, but their strategy will always be to go for the large guys, even if it means denying the legitimate users. They will close down sites like "Ultimate Movie Downloads", even though they technically didn't offer any pirated movies, because in their eyes and under the law, it is 100% illegal. They will also close down this site if there is an emphasis in the discussions about P2P.

This is unfair, but it is happening because the US DMCA legislation allows it, as it was written by the MPAA/RIAA and the people who passed the bill are in their pockets. The only reason they haven't closed down all these sites is because, they don't have the resources to do so - yet (the MPAA/RIAA are trying to have the power to force ISPs and web hosts to do their dirty work in the future).

But why go to all this trouble over a few lost CD sales, if there were any loses at all in the first place (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...d=970599119419)?

Movies and music are artificially priced cash cows, and the studios themselve knows it. The studios control distribution and they want to keep this control forever. They will do everything in their power to make sure things like online movie/music sales don't get too popular, because the Internet can finally allow artists to manage the distribution of their own work (through P2P or other technologies). And that's what they really fear.
        Great post, you're absolutley right.

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Floppy
          The original question says

Anyone can say that this is a 50/50 question...

Films that are not released in theatres (unless home made) are still bound by copyright laws so I dont think unless you pay them your gonna get them legally...

the law is all around and rules as well...

maybe next time people should read the rules before posting highly controversial threads...
          I disagree, in part, to what you have said.

Let us take, for example, the Michael Moore film Fahrenheit 9/11. Mr. Moore owns the copyright to the film. It has also been shown in theaters. Yet, it is legal to download the film without the need to pay for it. Mr. Moore, in an interview, stated he wanted people to download the film. While there are other examples I think this one is the best known. (Please, everyone, I am not voicing an opinion as to my agreement or disagreement with Fahrenheit 9/11. I am only using it as an example.)

As to my stance on piracy, I believe it is wrong! No matter what form of the media you are talking about, it is wrong!

If you are downloading, or copying movies, software, or music without the consent of the owner or copyright holder, (unless you own the item and are making a backup), you are breaking the law.

Comment

• Floppy

totally intitled to disagree this is why this is a controversial theme to discuss...

As for your example of Mr. Moore film, I am sure there are many more out there that feel the same about their work, they just want to share theire creation with others....

My comments are not made taking those into account since if it is legal then there shouldnt be a problem...

It is however the way things are presented to a mass of people (like a threads tittle) inadvertedly incuting into them the believe there may be some question about the legitimacy of the act or suggestion, that made me comment that way....

There are many people out there that pass on their creation being that of a Film nature, music, software and so on for free, these are the real people in a real world trying to get their habilities know to the world.... Ultimatly everyones is looking for a paycheck and those of us that disrespect that should consider the value of their habilities and place in the world...

illegal content on P2P networks is mostly these days targeted by viruses... Networks are flooded with DDoS attacks, why???

Maybe someone out there is a little pissed theire work is getting nicked and there is no paycheck to cover the bills... I talk of those small softwre makers not large multinational companies.

Anyway why bother discussing this crap... lets talk about the weather...

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Nov 2004

"Anyway why bother discussing this crap... lets talk about the weather..."

You're right. It really isn't worth keeping it going but for what it's worth I don't disagree with what you said.

Now where is that darn weather thread...

Comment

• Floppy

gone with the wind I suppose!?

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Nov 2004

gone with the wind I suppose!?
                  ...or, maybe, Over the Rainbow?

Comment

• Floppy

I dont know, I rekon it is somewhere singing in the rain...

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Nov 2004

I dont know, I rekon it is somewhere singing in the rain...
                      As long as it wasn't Struck by Lightning.

Comment

• sfheath
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Sep 2003

Ah! The Perfect Storm ..
                        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Floppy

I'll wait for the day after tomorrow.....

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                            Gold Member
                            Gold Member
                            • Nov 2004

I'll wait for the day after tomorrow.....
                            I thought you would wait until Independence Day.

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                              Gold Member
                              Gold Member
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sfheath
                              Ah! The Perfect Storm ..
                              Are you talking about the rain storm or The Ice Storm? Whichever it is I hear it is going to be the Storm of the Century.

Comment

• admin
                                Administrator
                                • Nov 2001

I feel that if I don't stop this thread, it will go on until the End of Days.

But seriously, I think this thread has lost all meaning now, so there's no point in keeping it going.

Comment

Working...