Gettting terrable burns with new burner, have tried all fixes read here and still....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dj Eclipse
    • Nov 2004

Actually I have it out of my compter becasue I just finished trying it out in the new system (P4 3.0 ghz) and I see it says right on the top of the burenr under the

S/N
    Rom VER A301

So it already has this new filmware installed on it from LG... so I don't think it's the filmware.

Comment

• charlypuss
      • Nov 2004

Sounds like your hardware has just become a paperweight.. Send the damned thing back.. 10% of the electronics (marine) I buy has to go back 'cos its faulty...
      If it ain't afloat .... It's sunk .... If it ain't broke.... leave it alone.... I was once indecisive....Now I'm not sure....

I'm old enough to know better...BUT...too young to give a toss...

Comment

• Dj Eclipse
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by charlypuss
        Sounds like your hardware has just become a paperweight.. Send the damned thing back.. 10% of the electronics (marine) I buy has to go back 'cos its faulty...
        See the thing is that it seems to be doing ok for backing up console games but then agian a game isn't reading 100% of the time and the games seem to be pausing more then they should with a console.

I took it back and they are ordering me a new one, he said that if I still am having problems with the new one they will order me a Panasonic. He says he is using the same drive I have in his comp with no problems.... so we'll see.

Comment

• charlypuss
          • Nov 2004

If the backed up games aren't working 100% as well long pauses ect.. then something is probably wrong with the burner...Good luck with the new one.. keep us posted
          If it ain't afloat .... It's sunk .... If it ain't broke.... leave it alone.... I was once indecisive....Now I'm not sure....

Comment

• eastmav
            • Jan 2005

Here's a question I was wondering about:

Since a DVD failing to play in a standalone player can be attributed to poor choice in media (say, Memorex DVD+Rs)... is it unheard of for some bad media to come out fine and play in my JVC standalone in conjunction with one piece of burner software (say, WinDVD Creator) and not at all in another (say, NeroVision Xpress 3)?

I know that's a pretty dense question, but I wanted to have as many details there as possible.

Comment

• charlypuss
              • Nov 2004

All things are possible until proven otherwise.
              If this is what's happening the answer is probably yes....

Comment

• norma_j
                • Jan 2005

I know I'm a newbie; however, I am wondering if the problem is your DVD player on the TV and not your burner. I have 2 players and on one I've noticed skipping and cut outs and when I play on the other it is okay. I've always thought this problem to be with the player. I try cleaning the cd first, then I reburn if needed and it works. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...