Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brettotte1
    • Dec 2004

Shrink 3.2 not recognizing my external burner

Hi. I'm totally new so be gentle. I just ordered a 16x dual layer NEC-3500 and a firewire & usb 2 enclosure all for only $102 shipped and built it this evening.

Win XP Home recognizes it since I can open CD's on it, etc, but I can't select it as the drive I'd like to use to burn.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P25-S507 2.8mhz P4, 1024 RAM, and the internal burner is an SD-R6112.

I've burned about 200 dvd's using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink & had shrink set to use Nero to burn.

The trial on Nero ran out long ago, but in the Windows Run menu after typing msconfig I told the startup not to allow Nero to connect to the internet thus allowing me to use Nero forever.

The only thing I want done is when I click Backup! on DVD Shrink under the Target Device menu I can only select my internal burner.

I'd like to use the pull-down menu to select my new & improved 16x dual layer burner. How do I get this external burner to be in the list of choices? Is it a problem with Nero?

Thanks
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Skip the Nero and go for a freeware solution. Use DVDDecrypter for your burnings instead. www.dvddecrypter.com

Most certain your problem is that your demo version of Nero will not handle your new burner.

Comment

• brettotte1
      • Dec 2004

How do you use DVD Decrypter to burn? I changed the Mode to ISO Write Mode & looked at the Source I could burn to and it was still just my internal R6112 burner.

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Here is a guide: http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=7984

You need to register and get a free userid from the forum.

Comment

• brettotte1
          • Dec 2004

Thanks, I've gotten DVD Decrypter to recognize the burner. I suspected it was Nero that wasn't seeing the burner.

The guide basically just told me to change DVD Shrink's burning with Nero to use an ISO with DVD Decrypter and that's all it took.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...