Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flipstyle518
    • Dec 2004

USB2 Dvd Burner

Anyone else in the forum have one of these, especifically the laptop users? I just recently bought a NEC ND-3500A DL DVD+RW installed in an external enclosure with USB2. I know its not supposed to be as fast as an internal one, but i preffered not to change my oem dvd-rom drive in my laptop. Anyway, write speed was not at all what I expected. According to this article http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/ar.../dvdspeed.html
    it was supposed to speed up my DVD Shrinking. But my write speed has been between 2x-3x only (using a 4x dvd-r). Funny thing is, when i write with the external and shrink another dvd with the internal one at the same time, the write speed actually reaches 4.2x but fluctuates all the way to 0.8x also. Is that normal? Can anyone let me know how their usb2 burners are performing and any modification to help increase write speed will be appreciated. Thanks.

some info:
    Running on hp laptop with amd athlon 1.8 ghz, 448 mb of ram, usb2 pci card (oem was usb1).
  • charlypuss
    • Nov 2004

I have an LG Super Multi 16x USB2 Burner and it burns at 8x (my preference) no probs. I have a dedicated USB2 port, but I used to use a PCMCIA USB2 adaptor on my old laptop and it worked fine. Does your card have a connecton lead to the PS2 port ?
    If it ain't afloat .... It's sunk .... If it ain't broke.... leave it alone.... I was once indecisive....Now I'm not sure....

I'm old enough to know better...BUT...too young to give a toss...

Comment

Working...