X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spookynessuk
    • Dec 2004

Alternative to Nero ?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a replacement for Nero as im fed up with how resource hungry it is on my PC.

I only use Nero for Audio/CD Data and DVD Author, only feature i like about Nero is the ability to remove the 2 sec gap at the end of a song with an Audio CD.

So can anyone recommend a good replacement for burning mp3 to audio and burning DVD files i.e VIDEO_TS folders.

Thanks in advance
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

I've tried quite a few, and Nero was the best out of all of them. Although you can try RecordNow.

Comment

• MrE_H
      Head of Sanitation
      • Apr 2003

JetAudio is a cool app for recording audio, such as mp3, to cd. Also a good player. There is a free version as well - http://www.jetaudio.com/index.asp

ImgToolBurn is a cool application for burning dvd's but still needs nero installed as it uses it's api - may use less resources, not sure. http://www.coujo.de/

Hope that helps.

Mr E
      A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

I use TMPGEnc DVD Author for .. um .. authoring DVD's.

I bought the Creative MP3 Blaster kit as it provides a nice audio breakout box without having to dive behind the PC to swap leads. The MediaSource application is perfect for my needs.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• spookynessuk
          • Dec 2004

Thanks for the recommendations.

I have just found out that Nero will burn on my NEC burner at 8X on DVD-R but it will only burn at x4 with DVD Decrypter.

So it seems Nero still has a use for me, although i have not updated the firmware which may make DVD Decrypter work at x8

Comment

Working...