X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wouter
    • Dec 2004

Playstation 2 can't read

my dvd+r from the bourne supremacy
    I first thought copying the dvd failed but then I tried to play it on a dvd player and it worked.

Is there a reason why my ps2 can't read it?

all my other discs are dvd+r and I have no probs with those
  • Floppy

PS 2 can be fussy about what disks it reads... The reason I bought a DVD player was Spiderman...

Until that film it read all the DVD's I fed it....

At the price a standalone DVD player costs is hardly worth loosing any sleep over that one...

PS2 is a great console but maybe if there is a way to update the drives firmware you can resolve that one...

I dont know how to really.

Comment

• Wouter
      • Dec 2004

First I used Phillips dvd+r discs but now I use sony dvd+r discs.

First dvd I burned on a sony disc was pirates of the caribbean and it reads that disc normally.

But it won't read the bourne supremacy
      and spiderman... also made those on a sony disc.
      Now I'm testing it again with an older dvd, dungeons and dragons... I hope it'll read it. Else I'm gonna buy me a cheap dvd player which supports every kind of disc

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Certainly one of the titles you mention is a problem movie. Try a search on it.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Wouter
          • Dec 2004

Well after copying dungeons and dragons I still have the problem so I guess playstation is just unable to read those sony discs (except pirates of the caribbean... which is strange imo) I'll just buy me a dvd player, they are really cheap lately

Comment

• Floppy

Mind I never fed the PS2 backups just the real films....

I think -R flavour is easier for PS2 to read than the +R flavour, like so all the standalones are more compatible with -R...

If your in the market for a DVD player get a Naiko, Ive had mine for 2 years and it plays all of everything.... There is a hack for it that removes macrovision and makes it region free...

Comment

• Wouter
              • Dec 2004

Someone said a ps2 can't read dvd-R, only +R
              ah well, most dvd players cost about 100 euro, or even less so I'm getting 1 after I get paid. I'm prolly gonna buy a Panasonic, they r from good quality and they play every kind of disc

Comment

• Mig$y
                Retired
                • Jan 2004

Hi Wouter

My PS2 can play both formats. It may also depend on what version PS2 you have.

Take a look here for media compatibilty for the PS2 http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers....y=Name&hits=25

Comment

Working...