Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbk25
    • Dec 2004

backup dvd wont play on pc or dvd player

My burner on the PC is a pioneer DVR-104 which supports dvd-r formats. I also have a Cyberhome CH-DVD 500 dvd player that plays dvd-r. i have successfully backed up movies in the past using memorex dvd-r. I really enjoyed it, so i bought a spindle of 50 dvd-r off ebay at a great price. Now once i burn the movie onto these particular dvd-r, they wont play on my PC or dvd player. It just hangs "loading" on my dvd player and hangs for a while when i first try to put it in my pc, then quits. when i manually try to open the dvd, it asks me to insert a disk into the drive. The movie plays fine off the hard drive, and i have all the .IFO and .BUP files along withe video files. I am using the latest version of dvdshrink and nero 6 demo. I am assuming that it is my dvd-r that i am using. Here is the title that was used on the ebay listing.
    50 BLANK 1X-4X DVD-R 100% GRADE A RECORDABLE MEDIA MR
    Is there any way that i can make them work??
    thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try buying a couple of DVD-Rs at a local retail store - and see if THEY burn and playback properly...

Comment

• rbk25
      • Dec 2004

I went to walmart and bought some maxell dvd-r and it ended up working. Does that mean that i wasted my money on the other 50 dvd-r?

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Does that mean that i wasted my money on the other 50 dvd-r?"

Sometimes you get what you pay for - better to stick with a higher quality brand of media as you have now discovered.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"I went to walmart and bought some maxell dvd-r and it ended up working. Does that mean that i wasted my money on the other 50 dvd-r?"

That would seem to be the case...

Comment

Working...