Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caroadking
    • Dec 2004

Compression Settings

Please help. I could use some advice if possible. After setting the compression setting to 4364 MB in Shrink and re-author it to a iso file, it comes out to be a file of 4,469,294 kb. I guess this may be the same, I just didn't figure it out? Anyway, when trying to burn the iso file in DVD Decripter it gets to about 27% and freezes. Is this a firmware issue that I have seen posted on others similar? If so where would I start in getting a new one and does that mean it is related to the burner model I am using?
    I am using a Micro Advantage DVD +/- RW burner.

Thanks for taking a look.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

What is the model # for your Micro Advantage burner?

Comment

• caroadking
      • Dec 2004

Micro Advantage Model # on the box is 8DVDRW-B13.
      I just bought it in Nov and have not had it long. I have 2 costers already and thought I better get some insight on what I am doing wrong.
      Thanks

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Have a feeling that you are using DVD Decrypter for burning. Could you post the log file from the burning?

Comment

• caroadking
          • Dec 2004

Cynthia,
          Yes, you are correct on the DVD Decrypter is what I was trying to use. I did this the other day so, unless it creates a log file somewhere by default on the hard drive, other than when the software is open, I don't have it any longer.
          I don't recall any errors, just it hanging up and when I tryed canceling it many times after long time spells, it would give that,"I heard you the first time" type of thing, when you press the cancel button.

Thanks for input.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Did you do a deep analysis of the DVD?

Comment

• caroadking
              • Dec 2004

I cannot remember if I did or not. Can you do one on the iso file after it is created? Does it not do an analysis after you drag it to the DVD Structure before you do the backup?

Comment

Working...