Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tig
    • Jan 2005

Help! DVD Shrink to ISO to decrypter not working

Using DVD Shrink (v 3.2) to create ISO file for burning with DVD decrypter. Burning with Decrypter v. 3.5.1.0. Using DVD-R.

This seems to be a popular approach here (from the reading of various posts), and one that should work easily. However, I can't play the disc in my standalone DVD player (Pioneer DV-C505). The disc however plays in my laptop using Power DVD. (I have received other burned DVD-R's from a friend and they work fine in my Pioneer standalone).

I've had this happen with the only two DVD's I've tried (Manchurian Candiate and Terminator 2).

1. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to change so it doesn't happen again?
    2. Can I work with Manchurian Candidate burned DVD and create another workable burned disc?
  • tig
    • Jan 2005

One more piece of info... burner is external BENQ EW1621 connected using USB2.0

Comment

• TRI0N
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Dec 2004

What Speed are you writing at?

Also make sure you set your burn book type to DVD-ROM. This will help standalone players see your DVD-R correctly as a DVD Movie.
      Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• tig
        • Jan 2005

Weird. Just tried both DVD-R's on my dad's Sony DVP-NS575P and they work. I'm not too keen on buying a new DVD player, and besides as mentioned earlier, my friend has given my DVDs burned with DVD shrink and Nero that work on my Pioneer. Must be a setting I'm missing. This is getting frustrating.

Trion: Thanks for your quick response. Burn speed is set to max. Media is Memorex DVD-R 4.7G 4X. How do I set burn book type to DVD-ROM?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Also make sure you set your burn book type to DVD-ROM. This will help standalone players see your DVD-R correctly as a DVD Movie"

Unless something has changed, setting booktype to DVD-ROM works ONLY with DVD+Rs , not DVD-Rs...

Comment

• tig
            • Jan 2005

Any other thoughts/suggestions? Something simple I'm missing? Things I can try?

Comment

• tig
              • Jan 2005

Could it be a bit setting thing? I don't even really know what that means, or how I would fix it, except I've read it in other places in the same context.

I'm still at a loss, if anyone has any suggestions.

Comment

Working...