Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rckowal
    • Jan 2004

Upgrading Liteon LVW-5005

I'm one of many who can't get their 5005 to upgrade the firmware even though Liteons instructions are followed precisely. If you're aware of this subject, you'll know that probably half or more of 5005 owners have run into this "wall". In fact, in my case, Liteon Tech support has offered to take the thing back since I'm not pleased with their inablity to provide answers or a fix for it.

My question is, does anyone know how some owners are getting upgrades to install while others can't? Is it a batch problem or what?

Frankly, with the exception of this upgrade issue, I really like the 5005 very much. It offers a great many features not available on much more expensive machines & (for me at least) has been very reliable & user friendly to operate.

I want to get upgrades to install mainly for the 3 hour recording feature which is apparently available on some firmware versions.
    Best Regards, Richard
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Go here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.ph...iteOn+LVW-5005

Might want to look/read the very last post as I think it pertains to your situation and gives a link to the "hacked" firmware.

Comment

• rckowal
      • Jan 2004

Thanks for the link Jmet. it's appreciated.

Actually, I found a lot of this kind of forum material earlier and already have the updates & 3 hour hack installed.

To a great extent, my difficulties in getting the updates installed were due to confusing & some times "plain erroneous" information on such forums. I found that you could easily screw up because some people post something that's intended for UK or European machines (mine is USA model) & never mention it.

The other "really major" issue is matching the upgrade to your machines serial number. Many posters never bother to mention this as well.

Regardless, we got it done.
      Best Regards, Richard

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Congrats on "getting it done"!

Comment

Working...