X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hrach1
    • Jan 2005

Problem with copied DVDs SVS shrink

Hi,
    I buy many movies and I backed them up by coping it to Memorex printable DVD+r. I use Sony DVD burner DW D18A, DVD shrink 3.2 and Record now DX to copy and back up all my DVDs.
    When I view the copied version of my movie, after an hour or so, the image get distorted every 1 or 2 minutes until it completely stops. IT does that in my computer too. I have two DVD players and (Toshiba and JVC) and it does the same think after hour or so in to the movie.
    Anybody can help?
    Do you think is it from my burner? my burning software? or my media?
    Thank you
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Originally Posted By: hrach1
    "Hi,
    I buy many movies and I backed them up by coping it to Memorex printable DVD+r. I use Sony DVD burner DW D18A, DVD shrink 3.2 and Record now DX to copy and back up all my DVDs.
    When I view the copied version of my movie, after an hour or so, the image get distorted every 1 or 2 minutes until it completely stops. IT does that in my computer too. I have two DVD players and (Toshiba and JVC) and it does the same think after hour or so in to the movie.
    Anybody can help?
    Do you think is it from my burner? my burning software? or my media?
    Thank you"

How fast are you burning? What program are you using to burn? Have your tried burning the same movie on different media and see if it does the same?

Comment

• hrach1
      • Jan 2005

I am using Veritas Record now DX. I don't know how fast I was bring but when I checked the setting it said maximum drive speed. I just tuned it down to minimum. I used another king of
      Memorex (non printable) DVD+R but it does the same sometimes.
      My guess is it is from media becasue when I get that error, I switched the DVD player and it didn't work on that either.
      I think the DVD gets hot and don't play.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks

Comment

Working...