Does Clonedvd 2 have feature like advanced analysis in Shrink & Nero Recode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakobkraft
    • Nov 2002

Does Clonedvd 2 have feature like advanced analysis in Shrink & Nero Recode?

Have been getting errors with Recode 2 that, according to other users, have been pretty common with latest version. Though I like the speed with which Recode encodes, using the Slow Encoding/Advanced Analysis - and the quality is great WHEN it actually works - I don't like the amount of coasters I've been getting lately (lots of backups, on standalone players, will play fbi warnings, then stop. If you play again, then movie actually starts... but any glitchiness with backups annoys me to no end)

DVD Shrink is more stable and reliable and I still use it, even though backing up using Advanced Analysis takes SOOOOO long.....

I've read a few reviews that state how impressive the quality AND speed is with Clonedvd2 - so I downloaded trial version, but I don't see any feature like 'advanced analysis' or 'slow encoding' or anything like that.
    Does it automatically backup using highest quality setting or is there something I need to select that I'm not seeing...?

Any help/feedback on the program would be greatly appreciated, thanks...!
  • jakobkraft
    • Nov 2002

Okay, just did a test burn with Clonedvd2 and have to say quality does not compare with Shrink/Recode in Advanced Analysis/Slow Encoding mode, I can totally see the compression whereas in Shrink & Recode compression isn't visible - so I hope there is a high quality mode that I missed.
    Anyone?

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

This question comes up now and then. There is no high quality setting with cloneDVD.

It is really for people who want a quick backup.

Comment

Working...