X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlipSK8r
    • Jan 2005

Dvd Burning Problems!

Hey all,
    I bought a dvd burner the day after thanksgiving (cuz of the great deal ). I didnt use it too much because i didnt have a big harddrive. the one i had before was only 12gigs, and i upgraded to a 160gig hard drive. So, any way, i started burning dvds arround christmas. I use intervideo dvd copy 3, to burn dvds, and i use dvd decryptor to rip them too my computer first along with dvd43 (to remove the copyright). i have coppied arround 30 successfull burned dvds, and arround 20 failed. Now i cant determine the source of the problem im having, wether it be the fact that my computer is only 450 megahurtz, and 128megs ram, or whether its my i/o magic dvd burner, but when i copy alot of dvds in a day or over a couple of days, after a while, the dvd dosent copy right. since im using a 8.5 gig data, and copying that and compressing that onto a 4.7 gig dvd+r, it takes about 2 hours to compress the dvd, and about 40mins to burn the dvd, if it comes out right. if my burner is really "tired" it take the same 2 hours to transcrive the dvd data, then 10mins to burn the dvd. When i look at the dvd, it only shows that half the dvd has been burned onto. However, when i burn a dvd, and it works correctly, it looks like the whole disc was written onto durring the burnign process. i would like to know if any one else has been having the same problem as me, or if its just my great luck. Does anyone have any solutions to my problem?
    Thanks alot (especially for reading message)
    SlipSk8r
Working...