The best "shrinking" program? (in terms of quality)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • januszian
    • Nov 2004

The best "shrinking" program? (in terms of quality)

Hey. I just wanted to ask, which program has the best quality when a movie has to be compressed to make it fit to a single 4,7 GB DVD-/+R disc?

All of the programs have different options but I'm interested in pure quality of compression.
  • TJMOONO
    • Jan 2005

DVDShrink baby!!! - its the best for quality as u can take out all the menues and extras in order to increase the quality of the actual movie

Comment

• januszian
      • Nov 2004

Preaching to the choir about the features.

I just got worried when I saw CloneDVD advertising itself as a "high quality program even when compressing video." Or something like it...

Anyone compared different programs?

Comment

• MrE_H
        Head of Sanitation
        • Apr 2003

I asked a similar question on the forum about why there were commercial shrinkers when my solution (DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink) seems to work well. The consensus was that DVD Shrink is just as good as the commercial programs, or better if you count the price.

Never compared the programs as the movie quality is perfect for me.
        A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

Comment

• januszian
          • Nov 2004

I guess "don't fix it if it ain't broke" suits this situation... thanks.

Comment

Working...