X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcarter
    • Jan 2005

DVD Shrinking and Burning

Hello Everyone!

I am so excited in joining a fabulous world of dubbing DVD's. I have been waiting so long to have the opportunity to back up my favorite movies. I have been trying since Christmas using the free software DVD Shrinking, DVD Decrypter, and the Nero demo. I am working with a laptop that has a 18.6GB hard drive, DVD/CD-RW drive with a Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1000 MHz 997MHz, and an external Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- 106D USB Device. I noticed when I used DVD Decrypter before using DVD Shrinking, I did not have enough space on my hard drive to do both. ( Even tho I uninstalled everything but MicroSoft Office, I still did not have enough space to Shrink. However, when I just used DVD Shrink, I was able to shrink the files. I noticed the Deep Analysis took just as long the length of the movie. Is this normal.

Now this is where I am running into a problem. When I tried to burn my backup through the demo version of Nero 6 and Roxio Creator 6, the buring process went through successfully, however when I tried to play the movie, nothing happen! When I opened the files, I saw a folder with nothing insided!! Where were my files. I was so disappointed. The same thing happened using both DVD buring software. Help me please. I have used at least 10 disc. P.S. I followed the DVD Shrink tutorial and Nero tutorial. found at www.dvdshrink.info/full disk_basic.php

rcarter
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

While 18.6 GB hard drive is technically big enough (atleast for DVD Shrink, not sure about DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I would invest in a bigger one.

Using both requires you to use the files created by DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. You won't be able to delete the files DVD Decrypter made until after you have successfully finished with DVD Shrink.

First off, ditch Roxio! It has been know to cause conflicts and problems with DVD Shrink and Nero.

Here a couple of guides/tutorials I made on the whole process.

Here is a very useful website with all sorts of information - http://www.mrbass.org/

Comment

Working...