X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcarter
    • Jan 2005

back up and burning

hey

It's rcarter again. I have used over 15 dvd disc trying to burn I Robot, The Terminal, and The Princess Diaries. Shrinking the files are successful, however I cannot burn the movies. I am using the Nero software 6 (Demo version). I have used the tutorial guide jmet suggested, which is what I was using early, but nothing is on the disc. The burning process takes about 40 minutes with a message displaying with a "Successfully Burn". Could something be in how I am "shrinking" the files. I am using DVD Shrink 3.1. I am following the steps exactly discribe in the tutorial with a "successful back up".

I have tried using DVD Decryptor with success, however when I use DVD Shrink to open the files and back up, I get a message saying I do not have enough space on my target drive. So I can only use DVD Shrink only, then burn the movie.

I read you can burn your backup with DVD Decryptor. Could you please give me the steps from the beginning to try to do a backuup and burn.

I cannot afford to keeping messing up my DVD disc. I only have just a few left before I buy some more. I have not been able to successfuly burn a movie. This is crazy!!!!!

Please help me
    rcarter
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

"but nothing is on the disc. The burning process takes about 40 minutes with a message displaying with a "Successfully Burn". "
    How do you know nothing is on the disc ? Have you tried to play them in the computer?

Comment

• rcarter
      • Jan 2005

Yes I have. And nothing is on the disc. I tried to play it in a DVD player and on the computer. I see nothing.
      rcarter

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Is the disc still empty? Has anything at all been written to them?

To burn with DVD Decrypter you need to output an ISO with DVD Shrink as DVD Decrypter can only burn images.

Select "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter"

A firmware update may also be benificial if available.

Last edited by Mig$y; 1 Feb 2005, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

What does Windows Explorer say you have on your discs?
          Alternatively, what does Nero's 'Check Media' under the Recorder menu say?
          This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...