Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hy_tek
    • Mar 2004

Forgotten RE2 wont't start in player

I see everyone is having problems with the new Sony Arcos encryption but my problem seems unique. I recently used DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0 and ripped both Forgotten and RE2. I then reauthored the movies with DVD Shrink. Now when I try to play either of the movies they won't start either automatically or by hitting the "play" button on my player. The weird thing is if I hit "pause" then hit "play" they run fine. At first i thought it was a media issue I used Ritek G04's DVD-R. But when I burnt the movies to a DVD+RW disk the identical problem popped up. My player is a Denon DVD-9200.

When I reauthored with Shrink I encoded only the main movie for my burns. according to the display on my deneon they both run for 5 seconds then stop.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

More than likely its the "Dummy Sectors" DVD Decrypter is using. It causes a blank (dead) spot at the beginning of the movie which can last up to 6 min.

To get rid of, use the "Reauthor" mode in DVD Shrink. And use the "Start/End Frames" button to cut out the dead spot.

Try hitting "Menu" or "Top Menu" or something similar on your DVD remote control, and it should go to the menu.

Comment

• hy_tek
      • Mar 2004

Thanks for the comments. What concerns me is the fact everyone else seems to be getting a good rip with DVDDcrypter 3.5.2.0 alone on Sony Copy Protection where I am having trouble. Your suggestion was a good idea for a fix for this particular issue but I'm wondering what I can do to eliminate the problem before it starts. I have seen suggestions to use VOB Blanker for the rip and some used AnyDVD in the background to get a good rip. I have read however AnyDVD conflicts with the latest DVD Decrypter on the new Sony Encryption.

I have read many of your comments here jmet and they are always positive and helpful.

Is there a way to reauthor an already reauthored movie?

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

"Is there a way to reauthor an already reauthored movie?"
        I don't know the answer to that, as I have never done it.
        Try it, what do you have to lose?

Comment

• hy_tek
          • Mar 2004

Jmet you're a genius. I ran the already encoded movie through DVD Shrink again and reauthored the previously reauthored movie Forgotten. I cut off the dead space in the beginning and started the movie where the picture actually began. Voila'...played like a champ!!!!! Question now is why did this happen??

Anyway "You Da Man" in video backups!!!

Comment

Working...