Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsherman66
    • Feb 2005

Newbie..DVD-R Burning issues w/ Nero

I am very new to burning dvd's and I am having a bit of trouble with Nero. I can burn cd's okay and small amounts of information to dvd's but when I try to burn more than 500mb to a dvd it locks up and gives no error message it just freezes.

The current phase information on the screen is:

Used read buffer 100%

Process status 2% (sometimes makes it as high as 51% depending upon how much information I am trying to burn)

Writing at 4X (5,540 KB/s)

Buffer level 98% recorder ready

It stays like this for hours, until I finally give up and back out of it.

I have heard that maybe I need to lower my write speed but I can't find where I can doo that, I see where to lower read speed but write speed is fixed at 4x (or at least it appears that way)

Any thoughts???? I'm frustrated beyond beleif, but I'm sure there must be an answer out there.

Thanks,
    Jimmy
    Attached Files
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Please don't multipost. It causes confusion. Would you please delete the other one?
    Presumably the whole machine locks up? or just Nero?
    What version are you running?
    Have you checked your media brand at www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters ?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• jsherman66
      • Feb 2005

Yes, we can delete the other one, sorry for the double post. I will check that site, I don't know how (if I can) lower the write speed of my burner.

Thanks,
      Jimmy

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Just checked my Nero 5.5.10.54 and when I get to the multitab dialogue just prior to burning, on the 'write CD/DVD' tab there's a dropdown box for write speed.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• jsherman66
          • Feb 2005

There's something else going on here, it's not just Nero, I tried last night to copy files to a DVD using ONES. Same thing only ONES showed me an error message and Nero did not.

It really only seems to happen when trying to burn more than 600mb's of information. I thought with the new machine I'm running that it would work fine but obviously I'm missing something... just don't know what.

Comment

Working...